Voids Within

01Voids Within

01
Voids Within

Titans Tower

Vosh narrowed his eyes at Dick. He balled his fists and leaned on his dominant foot. With a fierce battle cry, he sprinted forward, fist raised.

Dick dodged Vosh's attack with an effortless step to the side. He swung his wooden staff and whacked the back of Vosh's thigh. "Sloppy," He remarked.

Vosh huffed and whirled around. He swung a backhand but caught nothing but air. He grunted at the impact of the staff against his stomach. It stung like a bitch.

"Uncoordinated," Dick said. He took a step back and pushed his hair from his face, engagement ring shimmering under the light.

Vosh gathered himself. He crouched into a battle stance once more. "Again." He said.

Dick pulled a face. "You sure? We've been at this all day." He said, leaning against the staff.

"And I haven't bested you once, which means we have to keep trying." Said Vosh.

Dick chuckled. "I have years of training under my belt, Vosh, we can do this all day and you won't beat me." He said.

Vosh nodded, shoulders slouched. "Right; So I'm completely useless." He said. He dropped down on the mat, a deep sigh escaping him.

"You're not useless," Said Dick with pursed brows. "Nobody became a master combatant over night."

"That's not what I'm talking about, and you know it." Vosh said. He looked at his hands with conviction. He prayed for a sign, for something to happen. Nothing happened; not even a spark.

"I know you've been having a hard time ever since your powers..."

"Vanished? Disappeared? Went poof?" Vosh listed. He dropped down on the mat. He pulled his head into his hands.

"I was gonna say 'stopped working' but that pretty much covered it." Dick said with a shrug. He watched Vosh's frown deepen and he sighed.

Dick lowered himself beside Vosh. "Look, I won't pretend to know what you're going through, but I'm here if you ever wanna talk about it." He said.

"I don't want to talk about it, Dick, I want to fix it. I just wish I could understand what happened. One minute I'm the strongest person in the universe, a literal God, and now I can barely hold my own in training. I gave up my humanity, only to become...I just feel so..."