Chapter 16 - Getting Picked Up

Comenzar desde el principio

"It's just a nickname. And back to the subject." I gulp, getting a little nervous. "What the hell were you doing at a hospital? Don't you have, like, super healing or some shit like that?" His tone was friendly, but still strict.

"Okay, first of all. Language. Second of all. Like I said, I fell." I say and Mr. Stark groans a little.

"Then pray tell, how did you 'Fall'?" Mr. Stark says sarcastically, using air quotes on the word "Fall".

"Sensory overload, gym class, high up, fell down, passed out." I summarize. Mr. Stark looks confused.

"Okay, let's step back a couple of notches. What do you mean 'sensory overload'? And how were you high up?"

"When I got my powers, my senses were dialed up to, like, eleven. So basically, all my senses are better than a normal human, which is cool in some ways. But sometimes, everything gets too much and I get a sensory overload, which, if you didn't pick up on the name, is when all my senses go haywire. Everythings too loud, too bright, it hurts to touch things, too many smells and just imagine not being able to eat because it tastes too much and it hurts on the tongue, which leads to you being even more hungry." I ramble.

"How long do they last and how often do you get them?"

"They often last for about a day or so. It can be more, it can be less. I often get them when I'm tired, both emotionally and physically, which can be pretty often... heh... umm... but I guess, uhh, I get them, like, at least once or twice a month, depending on my situation." I explain and I would've thought that Mr. Stark stopped listening a long time ago, since I've just be rambling on about it. But he sat there, his eyes on me, seeming focused on hearing what I had to say. May never does that.

"I see. Wait, what do you mean "my situation"? And how did you fall?" He asks and there's still uncertainty in his voice.

"Uhh... w-well... We were, umm, climbing ropes during gym class." I start, ignoring his first question. "And normally I don't climb since 'Weak, Nerd Peter Parker can't do anything in gym class'. But since I had the sensory overload, I didn't think. I just climbed and climbed until the... until the teacher called my name." I stop for a moment, remembering the feeling when I was so high up.

"I.. uhh... I swear, if you make fun of me for this I will block you." I threaten and Tony looks a little worried, but he stiffs a laugh at my weak threat.

"Alright, uhh, I won't?"

"I... I've never been a fan of hights... and... umm... when I was so high up, that was the only thing I could think of. I normally try to ignore my fear when I swing around but this time..." I feel a warm hand on my shoulder. "*Ahem* Anyways... So, in some way... umm... MyGripOnTheRopeLoosenedAndIFellAndHitTheGround." I say the last bit really quickly, hoping Mr. Stark didn't fully catch it. But of course he did.

He removes his hand from my shoulder and puts his hand up to the bridge of his nose and just sits there, nodding a little for himself.

"Alright." He mumbles. "Okay. Well then. Good that you're not dead at least, or hurt. I hope."

"Agree to disagree." I mumble.

"What was that kid?" Mr. Stark asks, sounding a little baffled. He heared what I said.

"Oh look! There's the tower!" I say with as much enthusiasm as I can muster up, as if the conversation never happened.

"Yeah... about that. I have a proposition." Mr. Stark says and I turn my head in his direction, dragging my eyes away from the tall building. "How about you work for me? I mean, I know that you are Spider-Man, so I can help you with upgrades and other things. Kind of like an internship, but, like, a paid internship."

"Oh, I... I couldn't. I already have so much on the list of things I have to do. B-but don't get me wrong! I would, I really would like to work for you. But I have school, patrol, wor-"

"I'm guessing since you were in the hospital, you've got a bill to pay, right?" Mr. Stark interrupts me. I stay quiet. "I can pay a little more than what you're already being paid. So, kind of like a job switch. What do you say?"

"..."

"A-alright."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N

Hello!

How is everyone today?

I just wanna say that next chapter can take awhile because next week I will be very busy . So we'll see if I'll survive.
Sorry!

That's All For Now Folks!

G'night, G'day and G'morning!

/Twizz