Files

Mine...

"RUN" Cody practically yelled out

All of us ran up the stair case not looking back. Both Jason and Cody were slightly faster but I ran too. I stopped in my tracks to take a short break. Jason still ran up but Cody stood with me. I looked back down half expecting him to follow but he wasn't there, actually there wasn't a trace of anything. The metal railing held dust since the even we didn't touch them. I grabbed the sides and looked down, where did he go?

I see tears well up in Cody's eyes, his hands go up to his hair and knitted his fingers in them. He looked away and I can faintly hear his sobs. I look down, it must hurt to know that he is dead. My eyes water too when I remember Lauren. I looked at Cody's back and see him hiding his face in his arms, his body shaking a little bit. I walk over to him and hug his back my tears wetting his shirt from behind. He swiftly turns around and hugs me properly. His voice came out frail

"He died on me he said we would not get caught he promised to die together, he p-promised"

I didn't know what to say, I just continue to hug him. Soon I felt him pull away.

"Where's Jason?" He spoke looking around frankly

I widened my eyes. I practically ran out of his arms and up the stairs. I could hear his large footsteps follow me briskly. We both stood on the 7 floor (a wooden sign board says so) I hastily look around for a figure

"JASON" Cody calls out for him

I look around taking in my surroundings. A large room with four doors on different sides all of them open wide except one. Cody brisk walks towards one door and yells out his name. But me, none of that interests me but a large pile of boxes in the corner of the room. They were staked up so high that it almost reached the ceiling. I walk over to the boxes and examine them. I felt my hand being pulled along by Cody

"C'mon June I think he went this way.

I let myself get dragged away by Cody but my eyes wander back to the boxes.

"JASON WHERE ARE YOU" Cody's distressed voice ran through a large spread of rooms, echoing in each one of them.

I looked around at this enclosed space with no windows. Random old sofa like structures where pressed against one side of the room, the floor tainted with old runny paint. Only two dimly lit yellow lights where hung on the ceiling. Nothing, Out of the ordinary, well as ordinary as it can get. We walk past the large group of chairs to the corridor filled with doors. If you really think about it, this building has no actual architectural structure. All the floors seem different.

As I was letting my thoughts wander in whatever direction they wish, Cody walked briskly down the corridor. Me running slightly to catch up, he opens the door slowly with a screeching noise. He walks in. I look back at the corridor and to the staircase, hopefully he doesn't come. Walking into the room we were met with large shelf's some toppled over each other. All having large cabinets to hold something. Cody stood there as he scanned around the area. It was quite a large room with many ways to get lost in.

"JASON" Cody's voice rang throughout the room.

I look back at Cody who was making his way through the maze of shelves, so much for sticking together. I look around myself and began to move towards one of the large shelves, opening one cabinet to see.

"Files" I spoke to absolutely no one

I look around to find it full with files. Curiosity getting the best of me, I open one. A picture of a boy is what I see, he could be about 10 years old. The picture was black and white giving me a feeling that this picture was taken a long time ago. I look through the file a bit more to find his age, name, house and a lot of the general information. I turn to another page, to see

Confidential information

𝑵𝒂𝒎𝒆
𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚝𝚣𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚍

𝑨𝒈𝒆
𝟷𝟺

𝑫𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉
𝟺-𝟾-𝟷𝟿𝟶𝟺

𝑫𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉
𝟾-𝟼-𝟷𝟿𝟷𝟾

𝑭𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚
𝙴𝚣𝚎𝚔𝚒𝚎𝚕 𝙵𝚒𝚝𝚣𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚍 ( 𝙵𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 )
𝚅𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚊 𝙵𝚒𝚝𝚣𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚍 ( 𝙼𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 )
𝚃𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊 𝙵𝚒𝚝𝚣𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚍 ( 𝚂𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 )

The rest were ripped away. But at last i saw a picture of the boy on the chair. The execution chair. I harshly put the file in the cabinet closing it with a lot of force. Grabbing the cabinet with closed eyes. Getting my composure better I open my eyes, slowly walking around the area looking at the amount of cabinets there are. Suddenly a cabinet fell like it's been loose. It made a loud noise and I jumped. Me being me decided it would be a good idea to check it out. I bent down near the files that were now scattered all over the floor.

A black file caught my eye. I furrowed my eyebrows, that's new, all of them were brown but this one. I grab it hesitantly opening it. "

"Blank"

It was completely white and had ripped edges like it's been eaten. I sigh and close it, What was I expecting? A creepy face or something, it seemed like as if any thing was possible at this moment. I look at the file on my hands and open it again. Shuffling through many blank pages I whisper.

"C'mon...... C'mon......"

A picture popped up, it was blurry and I couldn't capture the face. It looks like a girl from the scattered hair that fell all over her face. I look closer and examine the picture. Brown hair, light colored eyes ....... aaaaand that's all I got from this picture. Flipping to the other page delicately as if it's gonna break with a slight touch. I see a similar profile like it did with the boy. Except?

It was drawn on with a brown substance, scrunching up my nose I knew exactly what it was. Deciding that I've looked at this page enough I flip to another page. It was blank

"Arggggggggg" I growl loudly opening the page with the picture

Staring at it I hear a whistle. I look up wide eyes but relax when I see Cody standing near one of the cabinets, with his arms crossed.
I look at him with a warm smile and he moves in closer looking at the file in my hand.

"Why is that one black"

I shrug looking back at the picture. Grabbing the picture and shoving it in my pocket with all of the other forgotten pictures.

"Did you find Jason" I ask

He sigh and looks away. I grab his hand and made him look at me.

"We won't leave him behind" I spoke in a determined voice

I think about the fact that he might be dead. I shake my head at the thought. No, he will be just fine.

Right.