ThE kOoL cIdS

TUESDAY

10:08pm bea: So, who has asked permission for our Round The Country Road Trip?

10:09pm normy: I literally just did. lol. My parents said it was cool. As long as everyone else is there.

10:09pm wirtthewiz: Mom said it was fine. (And just so you all know, Greg is not coming)

10:10pm chrissyyyy: My aunt doesn't care. She said we need to make it back alive tho.

10:11pm bea: Alright. What about Morgs?

Something I haven't had the chance to ask yet. Great. My parents aren't home. Maybe I could just text them?

ThE kOoL cIdS

10:13pm me: Sorry, haven't asked yet. Parents aren't home yet. I'll text them.

10:13pm bea: Morgs, I didn't know sorry!! Thought you did already...

10:13pm wirtthewiz: Do it on your time Morgs.

10:13pm chrissyyyy: Beauty, that's perfectly okay. We don't need to know just yet.

10:14pm bea: Yeah! I just need to know by Thursday. Not tonight, if you don't have an answer.

10:14pm normy: What time do your parents come home anyway?

10:15pm me: Not gonna lie, as I typed out idk, guess who came home? I'll ask them as soon as I get changed. ilyk.

Great. Just great. "Dipper-honey? Are you home?" Mom calls up the stairs. Shit. "Uhh...Yeaaahh! Give me a second!" I call back. I've already washed my face, and pulled my hair into a low ponytail, and when the hell did i get to my room? Oh well. Just change, and go downstairs. After throwing on a pair of long plaid pajama pants and an old science tee, I run downstairs. I see my mother and father sitting at the table eating some McDonald's. Which, hang on. They got McDonald's? "Hey champ! We picked up some dinner on the way home from work. Weren't sure if you ate with your friends or not, so your mother decided to get you your normal order." Dad says quickly, shoving more food in his mouth. Confused, I look in the bag that was left on the counter, and sure enough, there was my typical McDonald's order; large fries and a McDouble with no mustard and no onions, on the counter next to the bag was a large chocolate milkshake. "Uh? Thanks?" I ask totally confused.

The only time that they get me my order, and make sure that it's right, is when they want to tell me something. "So, sweetheart. Your father and I are going on a work trip for what would seem until the middle of August. And I know that ever since you were 13 we promised you could stay here over the summer if you wanted, but sweetie, I think it would be best if you went to Gravity Falls for the summer instead of being alone here." Mom explains. Well, that's not happening. That would mean bigger chance of being outed as a trans girl. But this is the perfect opportunity to ask about the road trip. "Or? Instead, could I just go on a road trip with my friends for the summer? Please? We have everything mapped out. We planned on going to all the big attractions in America, well obviously not Alaska and Hawaii, but you know." I ask, uncertainly.

They look at each other for a few minutes, so as they look at each other,  I shove some fries in my mouth. My dad shrugs his shoulders, and my mom sighs slightly. "I suppose that would be fine. But, I want you to call your Grunkle Stan every Saturday evening to make sure you're safe." She replies. YES! I get to go on the trip! And I won't have to dress like a boy at all! Whoooo! "Sure, I will call him. I'll text Mabel for his number either later or tomorrow. So, we'll be leaving Friday evening okay?" I tell them, and at this point I just want to go upstairs with my food, and text the group to let them know. "That's fine. Your mother and I are leaving for our work trip tomorrow. We should be gone before you wake up." Dad says, no emotional attachment from him in that statement. Awesome.