Chapter 42 (Omniscient POV)

Start from the beginning

"Sure."

Jason used to be Damien's Gang doctor until he decided he wanted to retire and have a normal life. Christian was Damien's right hand until Claire.
The way the brothers bond was mending Damien was thinking about letting Christian run the branch when he and Aaliyah decided to go back to the states, if they decided to return to the states.

Well not that there's a whole lot of Testosterone in the building, I guess I should get dinner started. Oui?"

They all looked at one another waiting for the other to respond.

"Micio, why not allow Dia to make dinner and you go relax?"

"I want to make dinner. Stop trying to make Dia do everything."

"Well, I no mind." Marcella piped in.

"No. You go rest, Marcella. I'll make dinner."

"How about you both make dinner. While the guys and I go talk a few things over?" Damien proposed.

Aaliyah nodded.

It really bothered Damien that his father had shown up on his doorstep unannounced and thinking everything was going to be peaches and Cream. Damien would more than likely never forgive Charles because he didn't understand why his father would want someone who didn't want him and why he was willing to jeopardize his wife and children over her. Although, Damien knew how amazing Aaliyah was, it Aaliyah were to tell him to leave her alone for good then he would. Why would anyone want to put themselves through that type of mental turmoil? Not to mention that but Damien also know what true love truly was. Charles didn't.

When you truly love someone, you'll do anything to make them happy even if that means letting them go because their happiness doesn't reside with you. Love is complete acceptance; allowing someone to be who they are without any judgement. Love is unconditional; when you truly love someone nothing they say, or do can change the way that you feel. Love is selfless; anything to see them happy.

Damien watched as she joked around with Gio, Christian, and Jason. She was a true hostess entertaining her guests. She was so beautiful; not her outward appearance but who she was on the inside was beautiful as well. Damien was completely in love with her. She made his heart soar and he could not wait to make her Mrs.Arden.

"Aye, man. Are you alright?" Jason waved his hand in front of Damien's face, breaking him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You got a real keeper, man." Jason Say down beside him.

"I know." He sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"Danielle is the one that shot me. Apparently, good ole hue from the Banquet was her daddy."

"So, what's your plan? Danielle is a psychopath. She's jealous of your relationship with Aaliyah, but she hates your business is doing way better than the business she's working for. Then Aaliyah is a Hot head, so, if she finds out Danielle is who shot you then she's going to hunt Danielle and kill her. Realistically, the two women are probably evenly matched in skill but Aaliyah is pregnant therefore there's a disadvantage on her end. And if Danielle finds out Aaliyah is pregnant; she'll find away to kill the baby and Aaliyah. So, again I ask what is your plan?" Jason whispered.

"I already have someone hunting Danielle. And she won't find out Aaliyah is pregnant because she'll be in the house until she has the baby." Damien shrugged keeping the beginning of his statement as quiet as possible.

"The lies you tell. Who do you think you are? You are not keeping me cooped up in the house. Aaliyah chimes in catching the last part of his statement.

"I'll be here with you. I'll be at the office Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's. I'll be here with you the rest of the week."

"You're still not keeping me cooped up in the house, Damien."

"Why do you keep calling me that?"

She smirked and did t respond.

—————————————-
Once dinner was finished they all ate at the dinning room table like a real family. It made Aaliyah very sentimental. And she couldn't help it because of the pregnancy hormones.

"You know, anytime we gather like this I get really sentimental. I know Family is important to Italians and I've never been important to anyone except my children. So, to be able to sit here and be apart of an actual family means a lot to me." Aaliyah rubbed her protruding belly.

"I understand where you're coming from. I didn't have much of a family either growing up. I joined the mafia at a young age and well it's what paid for me to get my doctorate. I will say that being in the mafia does give you a family and sometimes that's what gives us peace regardless of the things we do. I think that's the only thing I miss about being in the mafia; the comradery." Jason stated.

"There is always a spot open for you." Damien grinned.

Jason chuckled. Aaliyah smiles as the guys bantered back and forth. This is what she wanted; a life time of friendship, family, and peace.

She watched as Isabella pulled Gio away from the table over to the floor to play chess with her. If she wasn't only 7 about to be 8, she'd think her daughter had a crush on Ole Gio. Not that she would blame her daughter, Gio was a very good looking man.

Kitai on the other hand was in the corner playing his PS4. Aaliyah stood making her way over to her son. She didn't want his eyes glued to that damn game during times like this. She wanted him to enjoy the family time they had.

"Come on, honey. Come sit with us at the table and play the game later."

The rest of the night was spend playing games, making memories, and plenty of laughter.