Wounded wolf

The Last Of Us isn't my property. It belongs to Naughty Dog and/or Neil Druckmann.

Hi everyone! Today I want to present my first fanfic of this wonderful videogame that we love so much. This one-short emerged as an idea when we were presented with the trailer of State of Play. An idea that I wanted to get out of my head, therefore...

Warning: This fanfic contains spoilers of the first title and its DLC. If you haven't played them, I don't know what you do here. Get a copy of the game, borrow a friend's console or watch the gameplay of a youtuber who can comment well while playing. Know its universe and its characters!

As stated above, there will be mentions of the trailer that was shown at the end of September, as well as others of the trailer E3 2018.

PEGI 16: There will be scenes of violence, not as explicit as in the game, but in some moments, bad language.

With nothing more to say, please read and enjoy!

...

With the first stars lighting up the sky, she arrived the walls of Tommy's community. When she saw the floodlights on the control towers, she sighed in relief. She spurred the mare to come closer.

The guards in their respective posts took a moment to recognize her. After giving a couple of orders and instructions on the radio, the huge iron gates in the southern area squeaked as it opened. The smell of meat roasted in the fire rose in the air and pierced the entrance, causing her stomach to growl anxiously. Unfortunately, she had more important matters to attend first.

The pain reminded her constantly.

Ellie knew the guards; she knew that, at least on their side, the news of her return would take longer to spread through the streets of the county. The rest of the discretion would depend on herself.

She directed the mare to the stables. The street lighting and the moon threw shadows on the wooden planks, making the horses look much larger than they were. However, when Ellie approached them, most slept or got nervous to see her.

The mare whinnied softly when Ellie loosened the webbing and released the saddle straps. She filled its trough with fresh hay and she let it rest.

"You've done very well today," she whispered. "Thank you."

She left the stables and headed home. It was strange because, on the one hand, she wished to arrive as soon as possible to the small cabin that was in the northeast wing of the community, but at the same time, she was delaying her way back, dragging her feet and taking the longest roads to reach up there.

From the great majority of the back porches, small columns of smoke towered, revealing the nocturnal barbecues that the families had organized. At a distant point, she perceived the chords of a guitar that accompanied the tranquility of the night. Someone had taken the trouble to place small pots with lavender, poppies and tulips on some facades and balconies. During those days it hadn't rained, but the oil lanterns reflected its light on the dew drops.

Whether she liked it or not, sooner or later, she appeared in front of the old wooden door of the cabin with green facade worn and cracked.

Stealthy, entered the house. The living room lights were on. Ellie tempted luck.

"Joel?"

A complete silence answered her call.

She poked her head through the entrance to the living room, which was at the first door of the hallway, on the left. There was no sign of Joel, although it seemed that it hadn't been long since he had left the cabin. The decoration was simple and rustic, creating a homely atmosphere. There was a sofa, two armchairs and a small round table. On the walls there were a series of paintings that showed several forested scenes and at different seasons of the year. But what stood out most about the rest was the small picture framed on the chimney. Joel and his daughter Sarah showed their best smile to the camera.