II. All That Can Be

Start from the beginning

It was quite literal when I say around the corner because I ran straight into the chest of Akutagawa and his assistant, Higuchi. Now, it wasn't that we were on bad terms with each other. We got along pretty well, surprisingly. Only, we vowed to be shown as enemies while I was with any Agency members.

"Why are you here?" the pale-skinned teen asked, glowering down at me. I huffed, raising a brow at him.

"I can ask you the same thing," I returned. Akutagawa's silver eyes challenged my e/c ones. However, we both knew that this was childsplay compared to our actual threats.

"Well, I asked you first. Besides, it's always ladies first, isn't it?" he taunted. I'm not a lady, and I probably never will be. I dearly hope you've not mistaken me with someone else.

"I'm only here to have a peaceful lunch with my comrade. I can guess you're here for the same thing?" I answered, even daring to guess why those two were there. We both know Dad set you two up to be here because he heard the conversation of the tofu shop through that earring tracker.

"Of course, only you had to show up just as we were about to," he added a fake edge to his voice as if he could murder right then and there. But, that would be a foul move for Port Mafia, which is something my feminine father would dislike very much.

"Well then, don't let me and Kunikida interrupt your date. I would hate to see you lose your fragile appetite," I sneered, walking past Akutagawa and Higuchi, who sent me a particular glance. We must catch up on our current activities. It's been so long since we've talked properly.

I heard the sigh that passed through his lips but continued to walk down the hallway to an empty booth. Kunikida's footsteps fell in step with mine.

"Have they been bothering you recently?" he asked after finding a booth that satisfied our tastes. I shrugged, glancing at the menu to see what was available.

"I catch them at times when they're causing chaos as usual. It's my sixth sense at this point, really," I answered. He hummed in response while looking into the menu.

Akutagawa's POV

I wasn't shocked to see Y/n at the restaurant. It was just as the boss had said. She was with another member of the Agency, and we did not act on casual terms with each other. There were rare times where she was alone, and if we see each other, then it was fine to act familiar.

Y/n had taken extreme measures to get along with Gin and me. She even told us her past. She lived in the slums of Tokyo for the first seven years of her life. I wasn't sure how she managed, but the girl came out alive. But she had a harsh burden on her shoulders. She didn't tell us what it was, but it did bring us to an awareness that even someone like her faced her issues.

Since then, my goal has been to gain her trust. Enough trust where she would tell me what it was that weighed her down. I would do whatever I can do to get rid of it because she was one of the rare, genuine people that I call a friend.

"Mister Akutagawa, aren't we going to keep an eye on her as the boss told us to?" Higuchi asked, bringing me to a realization that we've been walking for some time.

"She'll be fine on her own. Besides, Y/n isn't alone from what you saw," I answered, deciding to leave the restaurant. I saw that she's faring well. That's all the boss needs to know. Besides, she has my number if she needs anything.

"I see. We haven't seen Miss Y/n in a while, did we?" the blonde brought up once we reentered the busy streets of Yokohama.

"Indeed, the Port Mafia hasn't seen her in some time in general, but I guess that's the reason the boss sent us to see to her today," I agreed.

Higuchi was one of the first people I knew that acquainted with Y/n. The two of them were similar when it came to personality, which is why most of the Port Mafia think they clicked.

But they were wrong.

At first, Higuchi hated Y/n because she had entered the Port Mafia headquarters out of nowhere. However, after learning that she was the daughter of the two leaders, the blonde gained more respect for the h/c-haired woman.

"Y/n can be a difficult person to understand. At least, that's what I hear a lot of people say," I muttered, not caring whether or not Higuchi answered it.

She always has been.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

Your POV

After having lunch with Kunikida, we headed back to the Agency. But, I had to check in with someone before going back to finishing that report I saved on my computer. Dad made it clear that he wanted to see me, didn't he?

I had told Kunikida to tell Father that I would be visiting the Port Mafia for a while before heading back. There was no accurate timing of my return, seeing as my Mafia Father was somewhat unpredictable. It's not like I'm any different.

The security let me through after seeing me countless times with their boss. I knew that they weren't in the position to stand up against me. Dad was relentless against anyone that was an executive. But, then again, Port Mafia was a much larger organization than the Agency.

Walking down the empty hallways, I stopped at a particular door. I could hear people talking behind it, and one of them was Dad.

"If you're here to see him, then you should wait for some time. He's in a meeting right now," I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to face an orange-haired executive, one I recognize as Chuuya-San.

"I didn't expect to see you here. Just two days ago, you told me you were on another mission through the phone. I assume the job was easy?"

He smirked.

"Of course, it was. I finished that mission in record speed. I could be better than you someday," he teased. I knew that it wasn't a joke, but if anyone else saw us right now, they would've considered it an actual threat to my person.

"We all know that you will never surpass my daughter, Chuuya. After all, she could be the next one to rule over the underbelly of Yokohama," Dad spoke up from the now, open door.

I guess they didn't finish their argument of which organization I will take over once the time comes. They should have their heir just in case I don't make it till that time, no matter how unlikely that is.

I turned to face my secondary father, the leader of the Port Mafia: Ougai Mori.

"Dad, I came here to check how things were going. I know you sent out Akutagawa and Higuchi to check on me, so I thought I would visit you here," I explained, somehow forgetting that Chuuya-San was there.

The dark-haired man chuckled, patting my hair as he did so.

"I'm glad you realized the message. I haven't seen you help the Mafia recently, so I was worried that I did something wrong to upset you," he responded.

There's nothing you could do to upset me. Other than leaving me behind in your past, that is. After all, you are my guardian.

"Is there anything you specifically need me for, or did you want to see me for good time's sake?" I asked, hugging myself out of habit.

"Do you mind taking care of Kyu for us? He's been causing a bit of trouble recently," he pointed out. Sighing, I obliged to my father's wishes.

That's what a good child does. She listens to her parents' wishes and completes them accordingly.

I started heading off in the direction to where Kyu was locked. The kid didn't know how to control his ability, which made him more dangerous than he would if he knew how to control it. What worried me was the way he activated his ability.

There were plenty of people he could hurt if he goes into the streets. But, knowing that he could be causing pain without meaning to, I chose to be the person to help him. Quite frankly, I didn't want him to be alone. He was a friendly kid overall, but not many people bothered to befriend him.

At any rate, he's a little brother to me.