Page VII: First Battle

~Haruka's POV~

   I glare at the enemy in front of me, she smirks as the shadow puppets surrounds her.
Alice: Come at me Black Bull!
She sends her puppets towards me and I manage to dodge their attacks.
Haruka: (I need to save Luck and then defeat her.)
I summon Freyja's staff and did a spell.
Haruka: Harvest Dragon's Magic, "Growing Roots"
Roots sprout from the ground and wraps around the shadow puppets. Even from touching them, the shadow puppets slip away.
Alice: That won't work, nothing can capture my shadows!

She dashed towards me and swung her scythe but I manage to block it with the roots from the ground.
Alice: Tch.
She slashed the roots but I made them keep growing.
Alice: Fight me you coward!
The shadows all at once attacked me.
Haruka: Harvest Dragon's Magic, "World Tree"
A tree that had magic flowing through it grew where I was standing, it sprouted out quickly and the branches of the tree pierce the puppets.
Alice: What!? Why are my puppets not moving!?
Haruka: I have my magic flow in the tree, it's over whelming your puppets, temporarily paralyzing them.

Alice: Then I'll just add more magic! Shadow Magic, "Glooming Darkness"
A large dark dome surrounds both of us.
Haruka: What is this?
Alice: My puppets become more powerful in the dark, as long as your in here, there's no chance for you to escape!
As she said, the puppets were slowly getting more powerful, almost breaking the branches of my trees.
Alice: This is the end for you!
Haruka: As long as I have some light then...

I got my grimoire to summon.
Haruka: Dragon Takeover Magic, "Prometheus"
   I switched over to Prometheus, changing my clothing.

Haruka: Dragon Takeover Magic, "Prometheus"   I switched over to Prometheus, changing my clothing

   (Ignore the bandages)

   I convince Prometheus to change the outfit. I was too embarrassed to expose my chest and stomach so now this will be the outfit whenever I takeover with him.
Alice: What the hell is that?!
Haruka: The end for you. Primal Flame Magic, "Blinding Sun"
   I formed a large fire sphere and increase the intensity of light it emits, blinding Alice.
Alice: Ah! I can't see!
   I shoot it to the top of the dome and it broke through, canceling her magic.
Alice: No!!

   The dome disappeared and my spell was shot in the air. It exploded in a blinding light. The intensity of light burned away her puppets and temporarily made her magic useless. Luck was free as the shadow chains were gone.
Luck: Yes!
Haruka: Primal Flame Magic, "Fire Bind"
   I bind her body with flames.
Alice: Shit! Shadow Ma-
Haruka: Luck, now!
   Luck dashed towards her and uses his lightning kick to spend her into a house.
Luck: Great job Haruka!
Haruka: Thanks.

   I canceled the takeover Magic, sending Prometheus back into the grimoire. We grabbed her unconscious body and pulled her towards her comrades.
Luck: Now, tell us why your here or else I'll kick your ass~!
Man: W-We heard a rumor of a magic stone here!
Haruka: Magic stone...
Alice: Shut up!
   Alice was finally awake as she glares at the man.
Alice: The eye of the midnight sun will not tell you anything else!
   She smirks as they all suddenly started fading away.
Luck: They're killing themselves!
Alice: This is what happens if we get captured, we will never tell you anything else. See you in hell!
   All of them faded away, leaving their cloaks.
Haruka: They killed themselves to not get captured...
Luck: Let's help out and report later.

~Third Person POV~

   Luck and Haruka got the villagers back to the town. They all thank them with a feast.
Haruka: It's getting late...I guess we'll stay here till morning.
Luck: *yawns* I'm fine with that~! I'm mad that I couldn't fight as much, stupid puppets.
Haruka: Oh yeah, the package!
   Haruka found the man who wanted the package. After that, Haruka and Luck stayed in a room together.
Haruka: Only one bed?
Woman: S-Sorry, we don't usually get much visitors.
Luck: That's fine, we could sleep together.
Haruka: Yeah, I've slept with other people before so it should be fine.

   Both of them took turns taking a bath and now they're in bed together.
Luck: You know, this is my first time having a sleepover~!
Haruka: Really? I slept with the kids at the orphanage, there was no separate rooms for us.
   Luck stares at Haruka as he tilts his head questioningly.
Luck: You were amazing out there, one day we should spar.
   Haruka reaches out and held Luck's hand.
Haruka: *smiles* I would love to.
   Luck blushes and turns the other way.
Luck: Good night!
Haruka: Good night?
Haruka turned the other way, their backs were against each other.
Luck: (He's actually said yes? No one would willingly spar with me...he's actually pretty nice...)

   They fell asleep, having no troubles at all. In the morning, they both got ready and left the village. When they got back, they gave their report on the situation.
Yami: So you actually got some action huh? Well, good job you two, you handle the situation well.
Haruka smiles at Yami's compliment as Luck jumps in excitement.
Luck: Does this mean you'll fight me now?!
Yami: No.

Asta, Noelle and Magna came back, Asta immediately jump at Haruka.
Asta: Haruka~! I missed you!
Haruka hugged back.
Haruka: Me too! How was your mission?
Asta explained the whole thing, making Haruka worried.
Haruka: All three of you are alright now?
Asta: Yeah, don't worry about it!

Both of their missions were hectic but it was a great, first mission.

END

A/N: Any comment on potential love interest? I have no idea but I'm just going with the flow whoever Haruka interacts with. Leave some suggestions and why maybe they'll be good together. Asta and Yuno are definitely candidates but I want to know what my lovely readers want, see you soon~!