NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week

A summary of some of the most popular stories and photos but totally wrong during the week. None of them is legitimate, although it is widely shared on social networks. Associated Press reviewed. 

These are the real facts: Klim: NASA said that February 10 is the only day of the year when the broom can stand on its own.The facts: NASA has not made this claim, but the US space agency. UU. It took time on Tuesday to address the false allegation, as it spread widely on Twitter. It turned out to be just a balancing act and the broom can stand alone on any given day. Social network users began publishing the suit, citing NASA on Monday, along with videos and photos showing a variety of balanced brooms.

 Some publications have linked the balance between brooms and gravity's gravity, while others have said it is the Earth's inclination. NASA spokeswoman Karen Northon told the Associated Press in an e-mail that the posts, which were widely published on Twitter and Facebook, showed the importance of consulting reliable sources before publishing information on the Internet. "This is yet another social media hoax that embodies how quickly false science and false allegations have turned into a virus," he said. 

NASA canceled the #BroomstickChallenge claim on its official Twitter account on Tuesday, declaring that "basic physics works every day of the year, not just February 10". A video of astronaut Alvin Drew and scientist Sarah Noble made a single broom on Twitter. "It is only physical," Drew said in the video uploaded to Twitter on February 11, and NASA Earth, a separate Twitter account, also processed the claim, saying: "There is no special risk that only affects brooms." The Legend of the Broom Challenge has been online for years. WIRED denied this allegation in 2012 with a story called "Broom Balance: It Does Not Relate to Planets".___Klim: The newspaper report shows that Democrat Pete Bottegg was arrested in his teens in 1998 for killing dogs.

The Facts: An article was created in a newspaper to show that Bottegaيج had been arrested as a teenager for killing dogs in the city where he later worked as mayor. Social media published a wrong report on the former Mayor of South Bend, Indiana, which was widely circulated after a February 7 discussion in New Hampshire. The wrong report, published in what appears to be a newspaper cover, was published in half. South Bend only appeared in the newspaper's headline.

 The wrong article, dated August 30, 1998, said that Bottiguej was arrested on suspicion of killing at least five dogs. Alan Al-Ashqar, the executive editor of the South Bend Tribune, canceled the fake article on his Twitter account, and published the newspaper's front page on August 30, 1998. Poteg was not mentioned. "It is clearly wrong," Al-Ashqar told the Associated Press. Robert Franklin, director of photography at Tribune, also commented on Ashqar's Twitter site, saying that the newsroom had received calls about the fake post. Franklin said in a tweet, "We were more dissatisfied with the mistakes of the method: five are detailed, no title, no history, a jump in the middle of the story." 

The fake article was created using an online newspaper clipping generator where Users can create fake stories. Klim: A picture of five teenagers standing in front of the wall shows Senator Bernie Sanders in Stonewall in 1969.The facts: The photo does not show the Democratic presidential candidate in the Stonewall Uprising in 1969. After Sanders' primary victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, social media users began posting the wrong claim with the picture, as they obtained thousands of actions on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. 

Mike Casca, campaign spokesperson for Vermont Senator, said in an email that the picture was not for a Senator. The image does not match the archive images for the survey. On June 28, 1969, a police raid against gay agents at Stonewall Inn in New York led to a revolt that helped lead the modern LGBTQ rights movement. At the time, many countries banned homosexual sex and some experts claimed homosexuality was a mental disorder. Teens' photo online has been shared for many years with many claims. Sanders has been an open advocate for gay rights in the past, supporting the Gay Pride March in 1983, while he was Mayor of Burlington, Vermont. Then Sanders spoke out against the Marriage Defense Act, which defined marriage as