Chapter 10: Locked up and Lip Locked

Start from the beginning

"I could totally see them all confused. This is amazing."

"Thanks. Behind that between the two pillars is my office. Total opposite color scheme. That's reoccurring if you're wondering. Open rooms keep the same theme but, behind closed doors you never know what you'll find. Here." I say, then unlock and open the door.

She walks in and I follow. "I chose bright green because it lightens it up. Basements don't receive much light. Beige carpet with little pink rug. Pink, black, and green. Simple theme. That's my desk that I use for homework, crafts, you name it, everything. Behind it is everything I'll ever need, my life."

She giggles. "Right. I like the C. It claims the whole space."

"The guys know not to interrupt me in here unless it's an emergency. So yes I felt I needed to claim it."

We both burst into a giggle fit. "C'mon." She wheezes. "I must see more." I walk out, shut the door and lock it back.

"To the left of the 'man cave' and down this hallway is my room."

"Barn doors? You like them or something?" She asks.

"No I love them. Best thing ever invented. Behind these double door, coral, sliding barn doors is my amazing room. Go on." I nudge her to open them.

She hesitates. "I thought these were just french doors. I've seen your room from the inside but somehow I've never seen it from the outside. How in the world is that?"

"Go in and it'll make sense."

She sighs and slide the doors apart.

"Ta-da!" I sing. "This is-"

"Are you really going to go through this? I know this part."

"Yes I am because you asked for a tour. A tour is what you're going to get. Interrupt me again and you won't ever see the rest of my house." I warn.

"Alright." She puts her hands up in defense.

"This is my room. One coral wall, the rest white. Gray and coral theme with some others thrown in. Hardwood floor with different rugs thrown on. One side is a dresser, it's drawers hardly contain anything. The ones that do are locked. Decorations, pictures, and such are thrown in giving it my personal touch. Then my bed with a coral and gray comforter and amazing pillows. The other side is a small sitting area complete with mini fridge and snack cabinet. It drives the boys nuts that they have to ask me to get them something."

She laughs. "They totally deserve it. Continue."

"Behind this one, coral sliding barn door is my bathroom. Coral for the ceiling to add flare. Black and white tiled floor. Elegant chandelier hanging from the ceiling. White claw foot tub, sink with big enough storage to fit my needs, and a huge walk in shower with coral tiles."

"I'm not going to lie, I'm jealous of your bathroom."

"Don't be because it's half yours now anyway."

"What?" She stammers.

"I'll explain later. Now follow me. This is my closet. Behind a normal white door I might add. Blue ceiling, just to be different. One of my favorite chandeliers. Crown molding galore. Awesome window seat. Ugh, only downside of a basement, tiny windows." I say and she starts laughing hysterically.

"Any who, storage bins up top, shirts hanging, everything else folded away. I love the carpet design."

"Agreed, you have good style. Mind if I borrow it?"

"Anytime love. Follow me." We head back out into the media room. I look over at the wall to the right of my office. I start biting my lip, glancing between her and the wall.