xx. YOU BROKE MY HEART AND YOU BROKE MY RIBS.

Start from the beginning

"What is that?" He asked as calmly as he possible could. But quite frankly, the whole twitching thing was scaring the shit out of the others.

"Three blew the budget on the Ferrari," Five shrugged, leaning on the hood of the car.

               Three, who had slinked inside the driver's seat, smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. My bad. My bad."

"Stupid," Two muttered.

"It's adorable. We are not having a good night," One announced with a sigh, collapsing down on the passenger seat. The other's crowded themselves into the back, Murat being forced on top of the inside boot. Seven had to duck in order to avoid bumping his head.

              Back in the sky, Four leapt down onto the rooftop of the desolate skyscraper and Zero was lowered to her feet. Together, they took a glance back at the men behind them. They were armed but preoccupied. Of course, that wouldn't last. Which is why the pair had no other choice but to run. And Zero hated running.

"You sure you can keep up?" Four smirked, getting into a sprinting position.

Zero mirrored his actions and smiled. "Blow me, Skywalker."

                As they begun their race, their feet slammed against the stone floor and their heartbeats pounded inside their heads. It was dark on that building and full of hazards. They were in the middle of a construction site after all. Blinded by the night sky curtains, they had no idea what dangers lurked. Until the very same danger snatched Zero from behind and raised a knife to her throat ━━━ of course. The girl, naturally, stopped in her tracks as the man wrapped his arm around her windpipe and applied pressure. Four noticed his partner's absence and halted.

"Four," she said quietly, her voice small and shallow. The man behind her grinned as the boy turned around.

"You need little boyfriend to save you?" The Cantonese man taunted.

            Four felt his heart lurch. At any given moment, that knife could pierce her jugular and end her life. For real. And then what? There was no way he'd go back to One and tell him his sister was dead. Under his watch. Not only did he refuse to let his mentor down in such a manner, but he also knew that if that happened, he wouldn't ever be able to move on. In this line of duty, where danger could strike at any given moment, he feared the inevitable. Death. And in all his years of fearlessness, she had made that happen.

"Nope," Zero answered calmly. "I was just deciding how many seconds it's going to take for you to die."

                  The man frowned in confusion and in return, she plunged her blade that she had cloaked within her boot clip into his eye and through his skull. Then, when his grip on her slackened, she jabbed her elbow into his throat and practically fell forward. Four rushed to catch her and Zero collapsed into his arms. And just as she had said, with one final twitch of his leg, it had taken the Body Snatcher merely four seconds before he kicked the bucket. Or rather, Zero grabbed a spade and completely obliterated it. Metaphorically, of course.

Four pulled Zero up with one hand beneath her elbow and the other on her waist. The girl recovered, her eyes locking onto Four's with intensity.

And for that fleeting moment, all was still.

                 Zero, noticing the boy begin to gradually lean towards her, pulled away in surprise. Four blinked back at her in shock, rather embarrassed. Only, it wasn't his actions that had caused her to retreat, but the man behind him, charging at the two at full speed.