Chapter 2

Scarlett's P.O.V

After we clear the horde out,I look at Lucy and her parents laying there.Just 3 cold lifeless bodies.Just there.They used to be so spunky and fun.Now they are stuck,and all because of the virus."You might wanna come inside,its getting cold."a voice,I recognize as Hunter's says."Okay,It's just none of this woulda happen if..ugh nevermind."I say."No,whats wrong"Its just James,my parents,Lucy,your brother,yo i t,sister,and more wouldn't be dead if that fucking scientist never,created that shit."I tell him."I know.I know."he says,his smile slightly breaking,but no tears.He never cries,but he tends to break a little whenever his sister is mentioned.I hug him and we walk inside.His mother checks us for any wounds.We don't have any and she lets us go to bed.I take off my vest and jacket and pull on my one other shirt.Its a black tshirt with The Black Keys,written across the front in white.Hunter has one just like it.Before the outbreak,we went to a concert.I lay down in bed and grab a picture out of my drawer.It's of me and James.I stare it for hours and end up in tears.I dry them,myself and fall asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Today's the day.Hunter and I have to go find more food.We are almost out here."There's a grocery store about 3 miles from here.Thats the closest we got"Hunter says pointing to a map."Well then,i guess we are walking 3 miles.I change of my black keys shirt and,pull on my vest and jacket.Hunter pulls on his tearing leather jacket and we head out,weapons in hand.

---------------------------------------------------------------

We reach the grocery store and head in.Its clear of zombie,but we find 2 other survivors."I point my guns at their heads."Names?"I say.Hunter is frozen in his tracks."Violet?"he says."Hunter?"the girl says."Oh my god..."Hunter says almost collapsing.Violet stands up and pulls Hunter into a hug."I thought you were dead"he says."I almost was unti Lex found me."she says.I finally realize who it is,It's his sister.Lex stands up and looks out the window."We got ourselves a horde."he says.I grab my pistols.Hunter grabs his sword.Violet has a AK47.Lex is using a bat covered in nails.We head outside.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"HUNTER BEHIND YOU"I scream.Hunter flips himself around and stabs the zombie.A zombie was nearing Violet and she shot it,splattering guts everywhere.Lex is just,beating the zombies to death."SCAR WATCH OUT"Hunter yells,I shoot my,guns left and right hitting 2 zombies heading my way."Violet Lex.Go grab food."I say."Okay"Lex says pulling Violet inside.After they grab the food,it takes us almost 2 hours to reach the safe house.The levels of,infectants are very high this day

----------------------------------------------------------------

"VIOLET"I hear Hunter's mom shriek."Mom"Violet says hugging her."Hunter,where is she gonna sleep?"his mother asks."Ummm"he says looking at me.I walk into me and Hunter's room and grab my stuff slamming the door.I walk to the vacant area and set up a bed.I see Hunter heading my way."You understand,right?"he asks."I understand she is your long-lost sister."i say."You can't get pissed off at me,because she needed somewhere to sleep."he says,i can hear frustration in his voice."Actually I can be pissed off.Sister or not.You accepted me into your family,and now your kicking me out."I say,pushing him out of my little room."Scar,I-"He gets cut off with a door slamming in his face.

              I break down into tears.

-----------------------------------------------------------------