Draco pursed his lips into a thin line and shook his head. “I don’t need love, I just want to be alone. Besides, marriage doesn’t suit me.” He finally said and turned around, walking towards the closet.

Blaise nodded as he scoffed lightly, standing in the empty living room alone. “You always want to be alone.” He muttered and apparated away without another word.

---

Hermione stared at the main article on the Daily Prophet with disgust. It had been a week since Ron broke up with her and it was all over the newspapers. Did the reporters really have nothing better to do than write about her horrible, nonexistent love life? She bitterly pushed the newspaper away from her table and got up. She couldn’t even have a nice cup of coffee without having people point and stare at her.

Ginny and Harry had tried talking to Hermione as much as they could but they were constantly tied down with work or Ron or their marriage. Hermione hadn’t spoken to Ron ever since that night. Maybe they really did end things just like that. She still wasn’t sure why he broke up with her - she wanted a real reason why. But it didn’t seem like she was getting an explanation any time soon. Scowling, Hermione walked out of the cafe and headed off to work with a heavy heart. She just wished none of her coworkers would ask about the break-up.

Hermione was just a few steps away from her office when she saw a herd of reporters staking outside of her office like voracious vultures trying to look for dead meat - in this case, she was the dead meat. She stopped walking as her eyes widened, quickly taking a turn away from the big scene and heading towards the exit. Just as she was about to reach the elevator button, someone grabbed her arm and yanked her away. Before she could react or scream, the person clapped a hand over her mouth roughly and pulled her aside away from all the commotion near her office.

“Will you please just settle down?” The owner of the husky low voice asked scornfully as he dropped Hermione down on the ground, dusting his suit off with his hands.

Hermione groaned as she fell down onto the ground and sighed. “What do you want?” She spat at him with a dangerous stare, getting up and dusting off her skirt. She didn’t even have to think twice to know who the stranger was.

“Granger,”

“Malfoy, what are you doing here?” Hermione asked, crossing her arms across her chest. She stared up at the handsome blonde who looked extremely winsome in his white suit. His hair was styled back but it was still that same striking blonde hair back when they were in school. He looked a bit older and perhaps a bit more handsome than the last time she saw him. And most of all, his mysterious grey eyes bored straight into her warm chocolate brown ones. Even though they were now twenty five, Draco Malfoy still managed to look dashingly handsome.

“I believe gratitude is in order now. I just saved your life.” Draco told her with a sly grin, raising an eyebrow as he stared at her knowingly. When Hermione gave him a strange look, he simply cocked his head over to her office where more reporters were swarming around like hungry tigers.

“I didn’t need saving.” She shot back with a small scoff. “Am I some damsel in distress?” She asked, dropping her arms to her side.