Chapter 33: Death (死)

Not here!

You slide open another door.

Not here either!

You kept running to find Tanjiro and Giyuu. Hearing the rumbling noises has been guiding you closer to them.

Above me? No, below.

You were just going back and forth through a maze, but suddenly you finally felt your brothers presence. It wasn't a good one.
_____
Giyuu swings his sword, creating a water form to attack Akaza.

Akaza kept dodging and attacks Giyuu instead, succeeding as Giyuu receives wounds from his strikes.

"Looks like you've used up all your water forms already. That's enough, Giyuu. Let's end this now. But I'm amazed how long you lasted!"

Soon as Giyuu strikes his sword again, Akaza punches it with his arm to the side, breaking the steel in half.

Giyuu's eyes widen.
"Farewell"

Akaza then punches Giyuu's chest, or so what it seems when you finally came and witnessed the scene.

"Giyuu!"
Giyuu looks back and sees you above.
"(Y/n)!"

You checked again and see that Akaza's fist didn't go through your brother. His hand got cut in half as it flew to the ground.

Tanjiro went between the two, he looked different.

His breath sounded different, even his hair and eyes looked different. Something was telling Akaza that he needed to end his life now before anything.

This was going to turn into a terrible situation for him.

Despite Giyuu's broken sword, he moved forward to strike.
"Hold on I'm coming!" You said.
"No, stay right there you're injured!" Giyuu says.

But you didn't listen and made your way down. Giyuu was going to shove you away, but it was too late when he heard the demon's next attack.

"Technique Deployment, End Style Chaotic Blue Metal Afterglow"

It all went to Giyuu and Tanjiro, being that it was unavoidable. Almost as if every attack was coming from different directions at the same time.

Not even Giyuu's lull could block everything.

Blood spurs out of your brother everywhere as he was down on the floor.

"You are impressive. I'm not surprised that you're still alive. You did manage to dodge those fatal blows"

You stepped forward slowly. Holding your sword up, ready to strike.
"Don't move now. You don't want your brother to die like Kyoujurou and Tanjiro right? Giyuu, become a demon"

You've noticed that Akaza didn't sense that he was behind him, so he thought that Tanjiro is dead.

You were going to strike, but it looks like Tanjiro was going to do it himself so you didn't want to get in his way.

"Akaza! I will cut your head off right now!"
The demon eyes widen as he turns his head quickly and strikes Tanjiro, but Tanjiro dodges the attack.

Akaza felt something in Tanjiro that shook him. He was just completely different.

"Dance of the Fire God, The Setting Sun"

Akaza ended up losing his head after that attack.
"Im...possible..."
Tanjiro's blade finally reached him.

Akaza couldn't believe in all his centuries, he couldn't sense Tanjiro's fighting spirit. Even babies emitted just a faint of fighting spirit.

And yet Tanjiro managed to make his whole spirit disappear completely. It was just ridiculous.