“Honey, I didn’t mean it. You know I didn’t.” He said, playing with a loose piece of hair that was dangling along my cheek bone.

“What the fuck.” I say under my breath, mind racing and he trailed his hands along my jaw as I kept my face turned away, staring at the door.

“You didn’t really want to leave me, did you? You’re just confused, that’s all. You’re so confused. Everything’s going to be just fine.” He said, playing his pointer finger under my chin and his thumb along my bottom lips, moving my head gently to turn towards him. His lips were curved into a small, sad smile as his eyebrows were furrowed, like he was sympathetic for me.

I was just confused.

Everything was going to be just fine.

I nodded and his expression changed into a smile, his thumb rubbing along my bottom lip tenderly. His other hand left mine and came to rest on my hips as mine remained motionless by my side.

“Please, kiss me.” He said, his eyes wide with mock innocence as he pouted his pierced lip. Like he thought this was a game, like he thought his looks would get him somewhere with me. I hated him. But I gave in.

Maybe it was because his lips were begging for it. Maybe because he was treating my skin as if it was porcelain and now one had handled me with so much care. His hands had destroyed me and so many others, but they cared for me. His hands murderers that made you feel safe.

But I let him kiss me and it wasn’t tired or lazy or soft. It was real and it was full of numb lips, red and swollen from the pressure we were both putting in. His fingers were wrapped securely around the back of my neck, holding me in place and he scattered quick kisses along my skin.

And I let him. I let him mark me, I let him touch me with tenderness. His mouth was warm but his hands were cold as he pressed me against the sink counter. His tongue was pressed against my bottom lip, coxing me to open. He was sighing into my mouth, his nose brushing my cheek as he tilted my head. I was kissing back, not as desperately. His hands were racing along the fabric of my dress, every patch of skin he could reach. He clung to my body so passionately that I let go of the counter, allowing myself to tangle my hands in his hair. His hands reached the back of my thighs, hoisting me up to sit on the cold counter.

I ran my hands along his shoulders, before locking my arms around his neck and dragged him down closer to me, pressing myself against him as firmly as I could.

“Excuse me? Is anyone in there? I heard yelling.” We broke away immediately at the sound of a man on the other side of the door.

“I-” I started, but Luke slapped his hand over my mouth, muffling any sound.

“My girlfriend passed out in the bathroom. I was just checking on her to see if she was alright.” He called back.

“Oh! Is she alright?” The man called back. Most likely the waiter from our table.

“Yeah, she’s fine. I think we’re going to be heading home though.”

“Alright, I’ll leave the check on the table.” The voice said before footsteps echoed back down the hallway.

I looked at Luke, he smiled at me and locked his hands tightly with mine as if he was silently telling me never to pull that stunt again. Luke was too smart for anything I could come up with.

“Act dizzy.” Was all he muttered before pulling me out of the bathroom, paying and quickly rushing me back into his silver car.

I was just confused.

Everything was going to be just fine.