19 - muffled screams

I am almost done with this story, one more chapter guys. I know I haven't been as active on this, I apologize. I have no excuse except for that I needed a break from psychotic. But I promised myself I would finish this and I will. Thank you for supporting this project endlessly, I am so glad you even gave it a second glance. Be back as soon as I can with the final piece to the puzzle, I wont leave you hanging. 

Thank you and lots of love,

-Emma

✿✿✿

It felt like seconds before everything was organized. I only had a small window of opportunity, and I needed to take it. The walking distance from the house to the park was just down the street and to the left. Luke was quick to trust me, which made me uneasy but never less; I decided to go along with my plan. The hard part would be to get him vulnerable enough so I could catch him off guard. I wasn’t planning to kill him; I don't want to become anything like him. Though I needed to hurt him.. badly. It's my only option. I made sure I knew my way back to the house, made sure to remember which direction was which. Once I hurt him, I would only have little time to get to the house and call 911 before he would realize what happened.

“You ok? You’re awfully quiet.” Luke said, elbowing my side playfully with a happy grin on his face.

“Oh yeah, I’m great just thinking about…” I said, conjuring a quick lie, “our future together, and just those kinds of things.” I said. 

“Me too.” he said, smiling back and grabbing my hand with his free one, running his thumb over my skin. I forced a smile, hoping he bought it.

After walking a while longer, we came to a stop in a beautiful meadow, covered in daisies and greenery. The surrounding trees cast a shade upon the area we stopped at, shielding us from the scorching sun.  Luke looked over at me, a broad smile adorning his features, his boyish demeanor returning to his otherwise run down face. He leaned down and pecked my forehead quickly before setting down the picnic basket and pulling out a blanket for us. Once everything was set, he patted the spot next to him and nodded up at me. I sat down carefully, leaning into him once I was seated. I tried to suppress my nervousness but my sweaty palms were a dead giveaway. My legs prickled with nerves as the cool breeze brushed across us.

“It’s pretty here.” Luke commented, resting his chin on top of my head, his eyes closing easily as he inhaled deeply. My plan was badly constructed and would most likely be poorly executed, but I was desperate by now. I didn’t care what I had to do, he deceived me into falling for him and then ripped Ashton away, I'm not going to stand by and be the victim anymore. That wasn’t how I was raised.

Oh god, my mother, I missed her so bad. I missed all my friends, my dog, my sister, my shitty plumbing system, my broken oven and shattered mirror in my main bathroom. I missed everything, but it was now ruined because all I can think about was how Luke knew everything about every bit of my life, nothing was private anymore. My life was literally in the palm of his hand, but I can't be hopeless anymore. If I did go back, what would I do? No one would believe me, no one would help. I would be called crazy and shoved in a mental asylum. Or better yet be the main suspect in Ashton's 'mysterious disappearance'. 

“What are you thinking about?” Luke muttered above me.