++H

Justin's Letter #1

Dear Sharlene,

It's been a month since I saw you greeting the school guard "magandang umaga" with a smile on your face. We just had a really difficult quiz that day -- pero nagawa mo pa rin magpasaya ng ibang tao.

Ever since that day, my eyes voluntarily followed you in class. I catch my self looking at you across the cafeteria, doodling during class, and spending freecuts under the trees.

You were known for being quiet and shy, and I knew that. But what I didn't know was that you were incredibly sensitive and empathetic... and now I'm drawn to you like a moth to a flame.

I hope to finally speak with you, or at the very least, give you this letter.

Let's hope magkaroon na'ko ng lakas ng loob.

Respectfully,
Justin

-------------------

Justin's Letter #2

Dear Shar,

I hope you don't mind me calling you by your nickname.

We became groupmates in a class today, and I finally got the opportunity to say your name out loud by calling you. Then that's what you told me to call you - "Shar."

Weeks have passed since I wrote my first letter to you, the one that made me realize what I felt were feelings of admiration and wanting - parang crush na ata kita ah?

Ay teka... hindi parang. Crush talaga kita.

Finally getting that opportunity to talk to you, even if I actually just managed to get nods and a tight-lipped smile, gave me a little push. I'll do my best to get to know you.

Sana lang bigyan mo ko ng chance.

Sincerely,
Justin

-------------------

Justin's Letter #3

Dear Shar,

Today I told you about my feelings... and admitted that I wanted to court you. But you were quick to say you weren't interested.

I'm conflicted as of now. Half of me is disappointed that you've dismissed me so quickly, but the other half is happy because you at least listened to what I had to say.

I've thought about it in advance - what to do if I get rejected. And I plan on getting to know you some more. I will keep on telling you I like you; but by no means will I force you to feel the same way.

Among all people, you're one who deserves to be liberated by love. It doesn't matter if its with me or with someone else - as long as you get to feel it.

Pero gusto pa rin kita. Gustung-gusto.

Yours,
Justin

-------------------

Justin's Letter #4

Dear Shar,

Four or five rejections later (I've stopped counting) - here I am, writing you another letter. This one is different - it's not a confession of adoration.

I'm writing this after you've said yes to spending 24 hours with me. A simple "yes" has made me come to my senses... inaamin ko na sa sarili ko na hindi na kita gusto.

Mahal na kita.

It sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? But I've never felt so sure in my life. Just the thought of spending an entire day with you makes my heart want to beat out of chest and my stomach be filled with butterflies.

Sana, kahit papaano, the 24 hours would be enough to show you and convince you I'm worth the risk.

Love,
Justin