-z-

TW: Verbal abuse, Mentions of Suicide

Running. I tried to stop but my legs just won't let me. Why aren't I flying? I have wings, don't I? 'Another set of footsteps? Whose are those?' I turn my head. My heart drops as I realize its him. I turn my head back and manifest my wings to get away faster; but... he.. he ripped them. They're- gone.

I woke up. God, that felt so real.. I sat up, got into my uniform and walked into the main hall of the dorms. We had just moved in recently, so I'm not too familiar with everything around me.

"Hey, n/n! Fancy meeting you here." I don't even need to look behind me to know that that's Kaminari Denki.

"......What is it that you need, Kami?" I said, wanting to get off the boys' floor as fast as possible.

"Well you see... I'm not failing Chem anymore!" He said with a bright smile.

"Wow, really?"

"Yup! Because I totally feel a spark between us right now." He said jokingly and elbowed me in the arm lightly.

"Wooooooowww. So slick Kami. Sounds just like you." A new voice piped up with the sound of a door shutting following shortly behind.

I looked behind me to see who it was and sure enough, it was Eijiro Kirishima. My childhood best friend and my ride or die.

"Hey Eiji." I said, yawning as I put in my earbuds and continued to walk down the stairs.

I took out my phone and scrolled through songs until I found it: Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance

Recently, I had been listening to that and many other songs that are very similar on repeat. I don't really understand why, but they just remind me of the situation going on at "home."

As I closed my eyes, the talking of the two boys seemed to fade into the music. I opened my eyes, focusing on only where I'm going and what's playing. It was peaceful. Me, my rock music, and nothing to bother m- I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Kiri.

I took out one earbud. "Yeah what's up?"

"Can I listen with you?"

I wasn't that surprised, since he knows the kind of music I listen to helps me cope with my problems. I handed him the earbud I was holding and we walked to class vibing.

This was also nice. Sharing music with the person you feel the most safe around. Doesn't matter what kind, he'll listen to anything.

We got to class, and he handed back the earbud. I put it in its case and left the other one in and played a slightly different genre.

Now Playing: Monsters - All Time Low (ft. blackbear) 0:59 ━❍──── -2:59               ↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺ VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄ 25%

This playlist should suffice until class ends.

About 20 minutes into class I looked at the clock. An hour and a half until the final class ends.

So for that hour and a half I sat there staring around the not-so-quiet classroom. Well, everyone else was quiet; I just had headphones in. Today is catch-up day, so basically an entire free day for those who finish their work on time.

I'm bored. I took out my sketch pad and markers and proceeded to draw a picture of my mom.

She may have been quirkless, but my dad loved her unconditionally. By marrying her, he would be with the love of his life and keep the bee quirk alive.

When she was a teenager, her parents obviously didn't support her dating a wannabe hero since they too were quirkless and felt that heroes didn't care for people like them. Thus, they were ashamed, verbally abused her, and eventually kicked her out.

Stupid, right? If your child wanted to date an aspiring hero would you kick them out?

If you looked at my grandparents now, you'll notice that ever since father died protecting mom, they worship heroes like there's no tomorrow. Do they even care that she jumped about a week after?

Enough about my family. Class is over. Lunch time, then I'll get to go back to the dorms.

I chose another playlist. The first song to pop up?

now ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi ───⚪────────────── ◄◄⠀▐▐⠀►► 0:36 / 3:04⠀───○ 🔊

I guess I'll keep it. After all, it suits the mood. Doesn't it?

I spaced off for about 3 minutes and thought about absolutely nothing except this song. Its hard not too when it suits the mood so perfectly.

"Can I get an Udon bowl and a Yakisoba bowl please?" I heard someone order my bowl for me. It was Kiri. I didn't even notice he was there. "You go and sit down. I'll pay for your lunch today." He smiled and waved me off to go sit.

Thank you. I mouthed the words to him. He nodded. I went to go sit down.

now ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Arcade - Duncan Laurence ──⚪─────────────── ◄◄⠀▐▐⠀►► 0:23 / 3:03⠀──○─ 🔉

I chose a spot and sat down. I closed my eyes and thought, This song is so relaxing, no wonder I like it so much.

"L/n? Are you alright?"

I opened my eyes slowly so they could adjust to the light. "Yeah I'm fine, what's up?"

"You've slept through half of lunch..Again. That's the 5th time this week." Mina said, getting concerned.

"Huh? Yeah I'm fine. I just haven't been able to sleep well; reoccurring nightmares."

Ashido nodded slowly as if she understood exactly what I meant. She stood up, went to the vending machine and grabbed a monster, then came back and slid your bowl of yakisoba and the monster over to you. "You need these if you wanna stay awake."

"Oh.. thanks Ashido-"

994 words

~~~~

A/N: Hey~! Thank you for reading this chapter!! I got the music thread idea from none other than the bab herself 😘

Anyways,, hope y'all had a good day and sleep well tonight~!