1 : BLOOD.

“ Hongjoong, wake up. it's already late. It's the selection day today."

That was the first thing that Hongjoong heard after awaken from his unconscious sleep. Despite the fact his whole body was hurting due to last night's practice, his heart is raging to know who will be selected in the elite team.

There's only one thing bothering him to do anything at the moment, which was his skills to slay the demons in the unexplainable magical realm. It will always be him doubting to himself on how good or how bad he'll perform. Before the thoughts clouding his head even further, he remembered Seonghwa's words.

“you can't give up now, as long as I'm here.”

Soon both of the boys made their ways out from their safe place where they call home. They've been living together in Seonghwa parent's house. Seonghwa's parents were supposed to be back after 3 days fighting in the hell hole yet, they couldn't make it. He was all alone even though he was just a child. Everything was better after he met Hongjoong. They grew up together so fast and it was unbelievable. But Seonghwa was also proud of Hongjoong's improved skills on using the guns.

"Hongjoong, are you okay?"
Seonghwa asked softly with the usual sweet smile on his face. His black hair was shining brighter since they were under the sun at the Vladimir's Assembly Field. Even though there were multiple beads of sweats coming out, nothing will bother him.

Like usual, Hongjoong will always be mesmerized by Seonghwa's ethereal beauty. It's like the other came down from the heaven itself.

oh what would be the worst if he lose an angel in his life?

"Park Seonghwa."
The Scorpion High cadet called out the dark haired male's name with a deep , demanding voice.

Yes, on selection day everything will seem scary and eerie. As if a war of minds kept bombing shades and also uncountable bullets. Seonghwa took a deep breath before reporting himself in front of them commander. Not gonna lie he was nervous himself when his name got called out. As he gave a bow of respect, he kneeled down with face facing the floor of earth. Sweats rolling down and surged into the soil. Without his realization the King came in front of him with the new deadly Phoenix Blooded Obsidian Blade. It was shining brightly in red, just like how people represent the bravery in the person. Park Seonghwa was announced as the ELITE 's leader. Now he knew that every responsibility and humanity's faith was all on his hand.

On the other side, Kim Hongjoong was smiling to himself of how strong Seonghwa looked on the throne. But it made Hongjoong think to himself whether he's capable on protecting the humanity against the sleeping evil. Shaking those thoughts away, he kept his eyes on his only friend standing on the stage. His dark orbs met Seonghwa's deadly gaze, yet it turned soft as he recognized the face.

"Kim Hongjoong."