Chapter 1

Isabella’s POV

School is back in 3 days. Sophomore year should be exciting… I brushed my teeth and put my hair in a bun. I went downstairs to eat breakfeast with my mom and Cam. Cam and I are pretty close, we tell each other everything. I grabbed some milk and Lucky Charms, our favorite.

Later, after I was done I face timed Hallie and Kyle, my BFFs and watched some Netflix cuddled in my bed. It was pretty hot so when I heard the ice cream truck, I rushed downstairs to buy some chocolate ice cream. Cam was at one of his friend’s house and mom was doing some groceries so I was home alone.

Two hours later my mom came home. I peeked through my bedroom’s window since I loved the tree in between our house and the abandoned 2 story house next to ours. Suddenly I heard the beeping of a truck and I realized somebody should be moving in! I was curious so I went downstairs and I saw a lady who looked about my mom’s age but I didn’t see any kids butI realized she would not move to a 2 story house all by herself so I guessed they were behind the truck or something

 I really hoped my neighbor was a girl and I screamed and danced and thought about everything we could do together like go shopping or to the beach and buy our favorite ice creams together! I was way too excited.

A couple of hours later my mom told me I should go welcome them to the neighborhood and take some muffins with me, so I grabbed the muffins and got dressed to look presentable. I was wearing a black crop top and denim high waisted shorts with a cute headband, black converse and my bracelets.

I headed to the door and walked for about 20 seconds since the house was literally a meter away and knocked on the door. Then, a blue eyed boy with brown hair who looked about my age opened the door for me. I stared at him for the longest time and he stared at me too. He was hot and handsome and pretty cute. I thought I would drop the muffins but luckily I didn’t. I felt a little awkward since I was creepily staring at him for about a minute but then I realized he was too so it was okay.

“Hey” he said.

“Hi” I said.

“Uhh… What’s your name?” he asked.

“I- Isabella” I said, “Welcome to the neighborhood, here, I brought some muffins.”

“Oh! Thanks, uhh I guess I’ll see you around, Isabella” he said.

“I didn’t get your name” I said

“Hayes, Hayes Grier”

“Nice to meet you, I’m Isabella Dallas”

“Nice meeting you too, we should hang out sometime” he said.

“Great, bye.” I said.

He waved and I turned around. I couldn’t get him off my mind.