Chapter 1

Family Locket above

Grace's POV

Beep beep beep! Beep beep beep! Beep beep beep! I reached my hand out and hit the top of my alarm clock. I groaned before rolling out of bed. Thunk!

"Ugh," I moaned sitting up on the floor.

"Everything okay?!" Dad yelled from downstairs presumably.

"Yeah! The floor just wanted a hug!" I yelled back.

I safely untangled the sheets from around my legs before walking to the bathroom. Bypassing the mirror I went straight for the shower. One scorching hot shower later and I emerged in a steam cloud. Making sure my towel was secure around my body I walked back to my room. After blow-drying my strawberry blonde locks I dressed in a pair of black jeans, a burgundy tank top, and a cream sweater. I threw on my pair of black ankle boots as well as my locket, the only gift from my birth parents. 

Outfit above

Outfit above

I walked downstairs to find Dad sitting at the table reading the paper. I grabbed my backpack and coat before telling Dad bye. The bus was just pulling up when I reached the stop. I gave a small wave to the bus driver before taking my usual seat, the second chair on the right. Exactly three stops later and the door opened to a familiar face. Skyla sat beside me and we chatted mindlessly until the bus stopped at school.

As we walked off the bus I noticed three new cars, expensive cars. "Someone's got money," Skyla said.

I shook my head at her antics before replying, "must be the new students' Dad was talking about last night."

"What new students?"

"A new family moved in over the weekend and their children are around our age. I'm surprised your mom didn't tell you about it."

"She probably did but as usual I wasn't listening."

I rolled my brown eyes and walked off to my locker. Skyla followed me before opening her locker next to mine. "Are you ready for the quiz in History today?" I asked.

"Ugh. Don't remind me. What was it about again?"

"Revolutionary War I think. I have the study guide, we can look over it during Lunch."

We simultaneously closed our lockers and walked to algebra. As I was walking, I didn't notice that a wall jumped in front of me. Before I could move out of the way I fell backward and my books scattered. I hastily cleaned up the messy papers and a set of pale fingers entered my line of sight holding a book. I followed the fingers up a muscular arm to a set of broad shoulders and finally to a pair of amber eyes. I couldn't seem to tear my eyes away from his. A cough broke me from my trance and I felt heat rush to my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry," I said. "I wasn't looking where I was going."

"It's alright. I'm Emmett," he said.

"Grace. Do you need help finding your classes?"

"We're fine," an angelic voice snapped on my left.

"If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask." I walked in the direction of my English class. I could feel a few sets of eyes following me but I refused to turn around and look. I took my seat in the back of the classroom and pulled out the assigned homework.

The day came and went fairly quickly. I had a few classes with the new kids but none with Emmett. They were the talk of the student body. The girls were gossiping about the two single Cullen brothers, Edward and Emmett, as well as gushing about the taken siblings, Rosalie Hale, Dimitri Cullen, Alice Cullen, and Jasper Hale. According to the rumors, Rosalie and Jasper are twins, and Emmett and Dimitri are brothers, Emmett being younger by one year. I chose to pay little attention to the rumors, the curse of living in a small town.

Emmett's POV

I finally found her. The girl I wouldn't be able to live without. All I know about her is her first name, Grace. Sadly we didn't share any of the same classes. At first, I didn't believe Alice when she told me she would meet my mate in Forks. Rosalie wasn't happy that my mate turned out to be human. I knew it was because she sometimes wished she was still human.

I told my family I was going hunting. And I did for a few minutes. Then I found my way to her house. Soft music floated to my ears and I easily scaled a tree to look in her room. Her back was to the window so she didn't see me. After watching her for a few minutes I ran back home. She would be mine, one day.

Two Years Later

Grace's POV

My sister was coming to live with me and Dad. I had no idea what possessed her to finally visit but Dad was excited so I kept my skepticism to myself, well myself and Emmett. Since that first day, Emmett and I have gotten closer. Dad thankfully approved of our relationship and I was relieved when he told me that he liked Emmett.

I took one last look at myself in the mirror and admired the outfit. It was a burgundy dress, a light blue jean jacket, a pair of black knee-high socks, and black wedges. I threw my strawberry locks in a half up half down look leaving a small chunk draped across my left side to frame my face. The doorbell rang and I knew it would be Emmett. I grabbed my backpack before walking downstairs. I opened the door to greet my boyfriend. He wrapped his arms around me in a big hug before placing a kiss on my forehead.

After I closed the front door and locked it, he helped me get in his monster jeep. I took notice of Rose and Dimitri in the back seat. I said a small hello and Rose complimented me on my outfit. Thankfully over the past year, her sense of style has rubbed off on me so much that Alice no longer uses me as her personal dress-up doll.

"So when does your sister get here?" Dimitri asked.

"Tonight. Dad's leaving work early to pick her up from Seattle," I answered.

"Do you want her here?" Rose asked.

I let out a deep sigh. "I'm just apprehensive. Dad said that she stopped visiting long before he brought me home so I'm not sure why she would all of a sudden move here. I'm also afraid of what she is going to think of me."

Emmett reached across the center console and grabbed my hand. He brought it to his lips making me look over at him. "She's going to love you," he said causing a blush to rise on my cheeks. Part of me wanted to believe him but a voice in my head told me that everything was going to change.