"Hey girly! You look cute." Brooke looked back.

"Thank ya. You do too!" I smiled, looking back down at the note.

It was a list of unnecessary chores I had to do because apparently Daniel, Lydia, and Lillie were going to his parents for a week and mom was on a two week trip to Colorado.

Well, I guess I have the house to myself. With stupid, endless chores.

I huffed, crumpling up the list Daniel left me.

"You okay?" I looked beside me to see Hayes with the same mysterious look on his face he had last night.

"Yeah. I have the entire house to myself for the week with endless chores." I stuffed the piece of paper in my bag, sliding my sunglasses onto my face.

"Looks like we will be having endless sleepovers just like your endless chores. I'm not letting you stay in that entire house by yourself for a week." Brooke looked at my from the rear-view mirror.

I smiled at her and nodded in acknowledgement. I praise the Lord for bumping into this girl at Starbucks, I would be lost in this town without her.

"We're here! Everyone out." Nash parked in a spare parking place in the parking lot of the ginormous mall.

The place was probably three stories. It was pretty big for such a small town.

Brooke walked to my side, locking our arms together as we walked towards the entrance of the mall.

"I finally have a shopping partner. I always have to go in stupid guy stores every time we come to the mall." she laughed.

"That must've been delightful." I joked.

"Oh yeah, totally." she shook her head side to side as we laughed.

-

We got done shopping and everyone of us had different amounts of bags on each arm, but we all got a lot.

Also, Brooke was right about Hayes. He's so nice and funny. He's also really sweet and caring.

That was until we bumped into a couple of his friends. They saw me and called me his "girl of the week" and "how'd he get a new girl so fast." He seemed mad, but his friends didn't really notice. He played along. Being a total snob, acting like I wasn't even there.

At first, it was just me and Hayes walking around the mall, talking and laughing. It started getting weird when girls were pointing at me, giving me dirty looks.

And then we ran into his friends.

They started saying all that stuff, and I got sick of it and walked off, looking for Brooke, Nash, or Cam.

I had finally found Cameron at the Vans store. The rest of the time, I just stayed with him.

HE was respectable and if we bumped into any of his friends (which we did a couple of times) he introduced me NICELY to them and didn't treat me like I was some "side chick."

We all got into the car, Hayes turning back into the sweet nice guy I walked around the mall with. I wasn't one to hold grudges, so I just kept talking to him like we were before.

But it still bothered me. Would he do that at school? We have most of our classes together and I don't want to be alone. I do have a few classes with Nash, Cameron, and A LOT with Brooke, but I have all but one of my classes with Hayes. Yes, our school mixes all the grades together.

I'm not going to lie, I'm actually really good in school. I have all A's and really, school isn't all that bad if you try. Just the waking up early and encountering others my age is the only down part. And rude teachers.

Only thing I get in trouble for at school: sassing off students and rude ass teachers. Only. Thing.

"You guys can come in. I have nothing to do for the rest of the day." I offered as we pulled up into my driveway.

"You sure?" Nash asked, turning off the ignition.

"Yeah, totally." they all agreed and we got out, walking up to the front steps of my house.

I unlocked the door and let everyone in. I made sure that they knew where everything is because now that we were all friends, they're bound to come over more.

"What do you guys want to do?" I asked. We were all scattered around at the bar or on the counters in the kitchen.

"Wanna play hide-and-seek?" Cameron asked, moving his eyebrows up and down.

"Duhh." we all said, laughing.

"Let's do this."

~

HELLO BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEINGS OF THE EARTH!

I have importanté news that I will share in the next chapter 😊

SO BE EXCITED.

It will be in the author's note of all of my fanfics so yeah, cool

but anyways.

OKAY I GOT A HAIRCUT CAUSE I NEEDED A TRIM AND I ONLY SAID A LITTLE BIT BUT SHE CUT OFF ALL MY SPLIT ENDS AND I WAS MAD BECAUSE IT WAS A GOOD TWO INCHES (I have bad spilt ends okay?😂) BUT NOW IM SAD CAUSE MY HAIR ONLY GOES RIGHT PAST MY BOOB 😭

my heart = broken.

now I know that's still pretty long for a normal person, BUT NOt ME

THATS TOOOOOOO SHORT 😭😭

but it'll grow out so in the meantime, I love you all

xx

🌻