Chapter 12- Kaneki

Start from the beginning

One of the four girls touched your shoulder making you tense up as she traced her finger on the scar from the bite mark. "Then what's this bruise for? It looks all bloody and gross..."

The other one spoke up too. "Could that be from, (her/his/their) brother?" They started to gasp and gawk like a cartoon tv show when you had enough of it.

"I said leave me alone." You spoke up.

"So he does abuse you! Oh my gosh that's so awful. You definitely need help. You need to call the police and-"

You slammed your hand on the desk to shut her up. "Fuck off!!" You yelled, not turning around. You noticed the entire class go silent and begin to whisper around you, creating even more stupid drama you would have to deal with. It was like you were surrounded by reporters who would harass anyone for a good story to have under their name.

You were thankful that the teacher walked in before the girls behind you could say anything else. You closed your novel as the teacher asked the class to open your textbooks to the new chapter you would be studying. You sighed when realizing you had missed an entire chapter of science and would have to pay all what's left in your wallet on a tutor.

After a long hour of learning light waves or something of the sort that you couldn't remember, the bell rang as you picked up your books and decided to sit outside for the fifteen minutes of recess.

After grabbing the fruit roll up you decided was okay to eat after a two weeks of being in your lunch bag, you headed out of the school and sat in the long grass, looking at the university students right next door to your school. The air was warm as the sun beamed against your skin. You opened the snack you had in your hands only to look up at one of the picnic tables, a boy sitting there reading a book with a coffee cup up to his lips. You recognized his dark black hair as your eyes widened. Standing up, you practically raced over to the table and sat down in front of him.

"H-hello," you said realizing he wouldn't recognize you as he put down his book.

"Oh, um, hi..." he stated shyly. "I think your on the wrong side of the property but-"

"Your Ken Kaneki right?" You asked him as his eyes widened in slight fear.

"How do you know my name?" He asked placing his coffee down on the table with shaky hands.

"The gourmet restaurant..." you began to say. "I saw you in the arena that night, I was there with Tsukiyama."

"Another ghoul?" Kaneki said just quiet enough so only you two would hear.

"No, actually, I'm human," you said scratching the back of your neck.

"But that doesn't make sense," he exclaimed raising an eyebrow. "How were you there to watch if you aren't a ghoul? Wouldn't he have eaten you?"

You grew a little timid when he had just assumed that Tsukiyama would eat any human in his way. "Tsukiyama's not like that. He let me go." You placed one hand over the other as you slightly scrunched your eyebrows together.

Kaneki's eyes looked at you with slight confusion. "Why? How did he let you go?"

You couldn't help but let it slip from your mouth. "Because I love him."

You took it back immediately when Kaneki stood up from the table and took his book and his coffee in both hands. "I'm sorry I have to go I-"

Your reflex's kicked in as you reached over the table and grabbed his arm. "Wait!" You said, hoping he wouldn't run away like a scared animal.

He turned around with eyes of sympathy, his shoulders relaxing as he faced you.

You gulped as you continued. "I need to know where he is. Please, I need to find him."

Kaneki sighed. "Please, do yourself a favour and never go back. It's hard to say but I feel like he's tricking you. The only reason why I'm standing her is because I'm a ghoul-"

"No!" You yelled, seeing some kids stare at you but you didn't care. "Please Kaneki, I'm sorry he did bad things to you. But trust me on this when I say he's not like that. Please just tell me where he is." Your eyes began to glisten with tears you couldn't hold back, the feeling in your chest aching as if your heart was crumbling in on itself. You had to find him, you couldn't let this one chance slip if Kaneki knew where he was.

Sadly he only shook his head. "I-I'm sorry," he said to you. "I don't remember the way. I can't help you..." he slipped his arm away from your grasp and shook his head in guilt, walking back towards the university building.

You crumbled back down in your seat, your heart beating rapidly. You had to find him. Someone, somewhere would have to know where he is. You couldn't just sit there and do nothing. Tsukiyama was all you had.

Another tear streamed down your face as your heard the schools bell ring.