Chapter 2

Alastair was gone now. Inexistant in the Real World. Stuck in the Dream World forever. Aella knew this. And she hated it. She hated the fact that it was true and she hated Seren for doing it.

The next few days, Aella wandered aimlessly around the town, not knowing what to do and still in a daze. She was practically alone now, except she did have another friend, Johanna Delkir. 

Aella stopped in front of Johanna’s house. She stared at the house, uncertain whether she should go in. Making her decision, she went up and knocked on the door.

Shortly after she had knocked on the door, it opened, revealing a red haired teenage girl with blue eyes, holding a sandwich.

“Oh hi Aella,” the girl, Johanna, greeted her, casually eating her sandwich.

Aella nodded mutely at her.

Johanna cocked a brow. “You need something?”

Aella shrugged, uncertain. 

Johanna just looked at her as she finished her sandwich. They stared at each other awkwardly for a few moments.

Aella looked down at the ground. “Um… would… would you mind if I stayed with you for a bit?” She asked tentatively.

“Not at all.” Johanna replied. “Why? Did something happen?”

Aella bit her lip and looked up at Johanna. “Yeah…” she murmured. 

Johanna looked concerned. “What… what happened?”

Aella sighed. “Alastair…”

“Alastair?” Johanna asked. “What about him?”

“He…messed with the wrong people.” Aella looked down again.

Johanna was alarmed. “Wait, what?! What happened to him?!”

“He’s gone,” Aella whispered, tears filling her eyes. 

“G-gone?” Johanna couldn’t believe it. “H-how? Why is he gone… what exactly happened to him?”

“He wanted to spar with some weird guy and he got defeated and he was sent into this weird place and he can’t get out-” Aella stopped abruptly and covered her face.

“Sent to a weird place?! What!?” Johanna exclaimed, trying to understand what exactly had happened. “You say he can’t get out? Where exactly was he sent?”

“The Dream World.” Aella sighed.

Johanna’s eyes widened. “The Dream World?” She thought to herself for a few moments. “Can’t he just… wake up?”

Aella shook her head. “That’s what I thought. His physical body was sent into it. No. He can’t.”

“Oh shoot…” Johanna understood what this meant. “So he is… really gone.”

“Yeah…” Aella said dejectedly.

“Who sent him there? We can try to make him bring him back,” Johanna suggested, trying to figure out a solution.

“Seren.” Aella’s face darkened and she spat the word out. “I already tried asking him to. He won’t.”

“Then… we have to go ourselves,” Johanna said.

“How?” Aella snapped. “There’s no way we can do that!”

“Either we try to find him ourselves, or we just accept that he’s gone.” Johanna sighed.

Aella's shoulders slumped. “I know…” she murmured.

“What’s it gonna be?” Johanna asked. “Because I’m not gonna bother looking for him if you’re not. You two were close friends, but he and I weren’t that much.”