Chapter 15

Niall POV

"I'm busy", I told him, pushing the phone back towards him, "tell him to call back".

"I don't really think that's an option", Liam said, "take the phone".

He put the phone in my hand.

Grabbing Megan's hand, he said "Care to dance?"

Laughing, she responded, "I'd love to. Niall, go talk to Paul".

He took her away, and I was alone.

"Hello", I tried to say on the phone over the music.

"Hey, Niall", he said, "come outside to the waiting room".

Crap, he was here. I didn't feel like dealing with this right now. I reluctantly walked to the waiting room to find him waiting there.

"Paul, look. I know I'm going to be punished somehow, maybe even fined. But, tonight is Megan's night, and I don't want anything to r-". 

"Horan, hush", he said.

He beckoned for me to take a seat beside him.

"Calm down. I didn't come down here to yell at you. I just wanted to let you know that I don't blame you for hitting John. He deserved it, he was a dick".

"Then, why were you so pissed at the studio?"

"Niall, my job is to look after you boys. What kind of example would I be setting if I told you it was okay to hit him while we were still on the radio?"

I laughed.

"So, you really don't care?"

"Well, let's not get crazy. I think you were both being dumb. You should have kept your composure. He should have never said such an idiotic thing. But, nevertheless, he deserved it".

"So, I'm not in trouble?"

"After going back down there and saying a few choice words to him, I'll spare you the details, but I'm sure you've said worse, he agreed not to press charges. And, you'll be getting an apology from him soon. You're fine".

I smiled and hugged him. He was taken by surprise and started laughing.

"Now, get back in there and enjoy your night. You should go enjoy Megan".

"I will".

As I was walking away, he stopped me.

"Niall, are you okay? You know...with everything that's going on? How are you holding up?"

"Well, I haven't completely broken down if that's what you mean, but I'm still together. I have to be...for her".

"Well, I'm sure she'll understand if you shed a couple of tears. But, if you need someone to talk to, don't hesistate to come to me".

"Thanks, Paul. I'll remember that".

He nodded his head and walked away. What Paul said had gotten me a little emotional. I put on a smile and walked back in there to enjoy my night with Megan. 

------------

It was about 1 when the party finally ended. Ashley decided to stay with me while the rest of the boys went home.

"Bye, babe", she said to Harry, "I'll call you in the morning, okay?"

She kissed him, and he drove home with the rest of the boys. I grabbed some blankets for Ashley out of the closet.

"How are you?", I heard Ashley ask Megan.

"I'm...okay".

The hesistation in her voice was hard to miss.