Chapter 12: First kiss

Start from the beginning

"Ahh, so you admit I won all the arguments, do you know how many we've had so far?"

"Too many to count," Ryujin said watching him closely.

"I was going to say different but you're right."

"That's pathetic Hyunjin!" she exclaimed.

"What?"

"You're counting how many arguments we've had! Who does that?"

"I do, what's wrong with it? You're only annoyed 'cause you know I won most of the arguments," he replied lazily.

"I'm not annoyed, just…exasperated," she said after a moments thought.

Hyunjin grinned at her. "Which is another way of saying you're annoyed."

Ryujin stuck her tongue out at him again causing him to laugh.

"You really need to work on your comebacks."

"Ya! I've got really good comebacks!" she cried out after she realized what he had said.

"Sure you do, most of them consist of walking away or poking your tongue out at me," he said, laughing.

Ryujin shrugged and then began tapping the counter. Hyunjin looked at her and the grin on her face told him she knew exactly what she was doing. He grinned at her and she narrowed her eyes at him, wondering exactly what he was going to do.

Ryujin continued tapping the table and Hyunjin's grin grew wider and she suddenly became very nervous as to what he was going to do. She knew that tapping the table annoyed him, but she could tell it wasn't going to catch him out like it had the previous times because neither of them was really annoyed with each other. Suddenly she felt a hand touch her knee and Ryujin jumped, her knee crashing into the table.

"Ow!" she yelped and Hyunjin lost it laughing.

Mrs. Hwang turned around to the two and wasn't quite sure what had happened. "What happened? Ryujin, are you alright?" she asked seeing the girl clutching her knee, which was slowly turning purple and watching as her son clutched his side laughing uncontrollably.

"My knee hit the table when I jumped, its okay," Ryujin replied through gritted teeth as Mrs. Hwang eyed her, Ryujin was glaring at Hyunjin who had finally calmed down and was looking at her innocently.

"Are you sure?" Mrs. Hwang asked and Ryujin nodded, still glaring at his son.

"Yep, very sure Mrs. Hwang." She tried her best to smile through the pain.

"Okay, well, can you and Hyunjin set the table, please?" she asked and Ryujin nodded in response.

"Sure. Is Yeji coming home tonight?" Hyunjin asked.

"Sadly she can't. Yeji called earlier informing she had stuff to do this weekend. Your father has a business meeting near her dorm, so they will be having dinner together," Mrs. Hwang replied.

Hyunjin nodded, stood up and stretched. Ryujin went slightly red as his shirt lifted and she caught a glimpse of his well toned mid drift all over again. She looked away and then up when he grunted.

"Come on, are you going to help me or not?" he asked.

Ryujin nodded and stood up, well she made an attempt at standing up. As soon as she put weight on her knee it felt like it had given way and she reached for a solid object. The solid object just happened to be Hyujin's shoulder.

"Okay that hurt," she winced and she felt his strong arm encircle her waist.

"Whoa there Shin Ryujin, you okay?" he asked, looking down at her.