Chapter 8: Falling

Ryujin's eyes snapped open when she heard her alarm go off. She was disorientated for a moment and wondered exactly why her alarm was going off on a Saturday morning. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, her mind drifting to the dream that she'd just been pulled out of. She couldn't remember it clearly, but it had been a nice one. She remembered dreaming the feeling of a strong arm around her waist and lips pressing up against her forehead, cheeks, hair or lips every few seconds of the dream. She just couldn't remember who the person had been, or why she had dreamt it. Ryujin wondered what she had been thinking about when she had gone to bed the night before, she'd read somewhere that you dreamt about what you'd been thinking about as you drifted to sleep. Suddenly the door burst open and overly excited Chaeryeong burst in, causing her to fall in the process of getting out of bed.

"Ya, Chaeryeong what the heck is wrong with you? And why are you here at," she squinted at her clock "Eight-thirty in the morning?" she finished getting up and scratching her head.

"Because, today you and Hyunjin are going to be in a room together alone, completely unsupervised and anything can happen."

Chaeryeong's reply made Ryujin froze.

How could she have forgotten that? How could she have forgotten he was coming? And why did Chaeryeong have to go and say something like that? Completely unsupervised and alone, what did she think was going to happen?

"So? What do you thinks going to happen?" She walked past her best friend and headed downstairs.

Ryujin paused in the living room and turned on the stereo system that her father had set up, there were speakers in nearly every room of the house and she always turned it on whenever she was home alone. She hit play and drums filled the air. She walked into the kitchen and poured herself a glass of orange juice, Chaeryeong picked herself up onto the kitchen table and grinned.

"Oh you know, anything, everything; the tension could get so high you and Hyunjin could do something really stupid. Like you could end up murdering him or you could end up making out with him," Chaeryeong replied examining her nails.

Ryujin nearly spat out the mouthful of orange juice that was in her mouth. "Is that what happened with you and Felix?" she asked swallowing her mouthful, avoiding going down that particular path further and staring at her best friend, who had gone a delicate shade of pink.

"Um, maybe," Chaeryeong said avoiding looking at her.

"You've made out with Felix? When? And how long has this been going on and why wasn't I informed?" she demanded.

Chaeryeong shrugged. "Two days after we were assigned for the project, we kept it a secret from you and Hyunjin because we knew that you two wouldn't like it," she admitted and Ryujin didn't reply, her mind running over any signs that she'd missed and then she shrugged.

"Hey, if that's who your going out with then that's who your going out with," she replied.

Chaeryeong stared at her dumbfounded, she'd expected at least a blow up from Ryujin. "That's it? You're not going to yell at me or anything?" she asked incredulous.

Ryujin shrugged and walked back into the living room. She turned the volume up and that's when Chaeryeong realized Ryujin couldn't have cared less about who she was dating, she was too busy concentrating on getting through the morning with Hyunjin. Which Chaeryeong found amusing, Ryujin wasn't one to prepare for things she normally took it as it came.

"I've got to get changed," Ryujin muttered and than ran up to her bedroom and slammed the door shut not really caring that she was still in her kitchen.

xxxxxx

Hyunjin walked up to Ryujin's front door, feeling slightly nervous. He wondered where Felix had gotten to. He was meant to be here with him, apparently he was picking Chaeryeong up from Ryujin's and they were heading into town. Hyunjin fought down the nervous feeling and knocked on the door. The door swung open for a moment and he stared at Ryujin, just managing to keep his mouth dropping open.