Chapter 1: Retribution

On a cold winter morning, in a small town called Northwood, an unusual boy gets ready for what he knows will be his last day of school and his last day on Earth. “I’ll show them all… they are going to pay. They will REGRET the day that they decided to fuck with Benjamin Harris,” the boy mumbled to himself as he put his father’s M1911 into his bookbag, before zipping it up. 
If one were to say that Ben had trouble with bullies, they would be making a huge understatement. The students at Benjamin’s school, Ronald Reagan High, bullied him relentlessly every single day. Whether it was for his appearance, his social status as an outcast, or anything else, the torment would more often than not be enough to drive Benjamin to tears. Ben remembered the time where he walked into his homeroom one morning, only to be met with a punch to the stomach by his main bully, a linebacker on the school’s football team.
 This giant senior is named Bradley Fairfield, and Brad made Ben’s life a living Hell. Benjamin wasn’t able to defend himself all that well. Benjamin is a short and skinny kid, clocking in at 5 foot 7 and 110 pounds. Meanwhile, Bradley was 6 foot 5 and 205 pounds. Ben knew that he had no chance against that monster without a weapon.
 Benjamin proceeded to go through the plan that he spent all night putting together in his head. “When the homeroom bell rings, I pull out the gun, shoot Brad in his fat fucking head, and kill as many more people as I can, before killing myself.” Benjamin walked over to the mirror hanging from his closet door and stared at himself. 
He had long brown hair tied into a ponytail. His pale skin was a result of rarely ever going outside. This was because of his hobby of playing video games and watching anime for at least 8 hours per day. He rolled up the sleeve of his long-sleeved Black Sabbath shirt to reveal 4 cuts on his wrist. He stared for a few minutes before putting on his leather jacket, grabbing his bag, and walking out of the front door.
As he stepped outside of his home, the cold temperature nipped at his fingers and face. Ben looked around to see snow on the ground and in the trees. The roads were plowed, meaning that school was in session. Ben lived two blocks from his school, so he was able to walk to and from school. This also made him vulnerable to eggings at his house. He walked on the side of the road to his mental prison. 
Eventually, Ben passed by the Emmeritt Ranch, a horse stable owned by an old man who was never out of his house in the morning. Ben turned his head to see a white horse with a bright orange vest on it. The horse looked at Ben, whinnied, and turned to walk away from the wooden fence keeping it in place. It was hunting season, so Old Man Emmeritt put vests on his horses so hunters would not mistake them for deer and shoot them. Ben turned his head toward the house to see Old Man Emmeritt staring through a window right at him. Ben shuddered, for the sickly old man freaked him out. Ben continued walking down the road to his school.
Five minutes later, Ben stepped onto the campus of Ronald Reagan High. There he saw students sitting on benches outside of the giant double doors. These people were socialising, and the ones who weren’t stared at Ben with disgust. However, there was one girl looking at Ben with a smile. Ben did not recognise this girl, so he could understand why she wasn’t immediately repulsed by him. The girl had long streaks of golden blonde hair, clear, white skin, and wore a cross necklace over a gray sweater with a calico cat on it. The girl proceeded to walk over to Ben.
“Hello there!” the girl said while shaking Ben’s hand. “My name is Cait. I’m a new student here. It is very nice to meet you.” Ben moved his hair through his fingers and looked down at her shoes. “H-hi. I’m Ben.” He replied, stuttering. “You seem very nice.” he said while adjusting his backpack. The girl chuckled. “Hehe… yeah. I’m trying to make as many friends as possible. Would you like to be one of them?” she asked. Ben blushed and cracked a smile. “Y-yeah. I’d like that.” He stuttered. They proceeded to talk about their interests until the bell rang. “Aw, crap. I gotta get to my homeroom. It was very nice to meet you. See you later, Ben!” Cait waved goodbye at him before entering the building. Ben liked that experience. He appreciated being acknowledged as a human being for once in his life. He thought about how nice Cait was as he walked to his homeroom.
Benjamin walked into his homeroom and sat down at his desk. He sat his bag down on his desk and looked at the clock mounted on the wall. 7:10. The homeroom bell would ring in 2 minutes. This would be when he strikes. He yawned while looking at Bradley. The giant jock was chatting up a cheerleader, who was eyeing up the jock with a sexual intensity. “Dumb slut,” Ben muttered under his breath. He rested his head on his bag. “So… (yawn) tired…” Ben whispered to himself as he drifted off to sleep.