Chapter 10: Finally Made It! I'm Coming Home!?

This will get emotional you have been warned

It's golden scales shimmered with hot anger along with it's dark, cold eyes. Every step it took rattled his bones and struck his heart. He tried to dodge a swing from it's massive claws, but it struck his side and he tumbled into the dirt. He could hear nothing all was silenced, the yells of the audience, the hisses of the creature, all inaudible.

All he could do is feel. Feel the cold ground pressed against his form, the heat from the pain, and the rhythm of the drum that would signal his end. He looked upward into the stars. He fought valiantly, and he prayed that his ancestors would accept him and take him home. He closed his eyes as he felt a searing pain.

Even the strong oak trees were swaying, tumbling down. Crashing to the floor with a loud dud. The beast large figure stomped through the woods, it overbearing aura frightening many animals. Puddles started to form, everything was drenched with water.

The sky is bleak, doomed like no chance for life! Yet there was immense exhilaration, that feeling of it having finished, with every attempt to prolong the war he rose again, like nothing had ever happened! The injured yet beautiful male manoeuvred back and forth preparing to start the offensive!

Crimson blood dripped down his face, injuries littered his pale skin, yet he remained unphased. Standing his ground like a devoted soldier. He wiped the metallic tasting liquid off his face with his dirty palm, ready to go back on the offensive. It looked as if he had been fighting for days yet had remain unphased. His perseverance unwavering, only growing stronger as time went on.

After many treacherous and exhausting days the battle had finally ended. The corpses on the ground he had killed lay motionless. Their eyes were as immobile as their limbs. Their souls had long departed to the celestial plains to walk with the ancestors. 

With that the silver haired male collapsed onto the floors. His legs finally given in. It seems as if time was at a standstill. There was no wind, just a peaceful silence. Unbefitting of the atmosphere. The sun shone on the lone ger who seemed to have fallen into a deep sleep.

In his dreams he heard the sound of his childs feet, of their laughter and impromptu song lyrics. He would be so asleep and so awake in his soul, reliving those perfect moments of fatherhood. There were days he'd recall those adventures of the nighttime and lavish them upon us over breakfast, no doubt with a few beautiful details added on the fly.

And he was so handsome as he slept, that steady heart, those steady breaths. His heart thumped in accordance with slow, shallow breaths. Serenity was plastered across his face as he slept. At peace, his consciousness swirled in the land of dreams, oblivious to the physical world. It seems as if the world only revolved around him. Little did he know this was the last time he would sleep so peaceful for many days to come.

--------------------------------------

He ran, ran as fast as he could. He didn't know if they were still behind him or not; he didn't want to find out. His wounds left a blood trail, droplets of crimson falling to the ground. He hoped the rain would wash it away, hide it in the wet earth, conceal his path. Until finally his trapped had worked. Yet another battle had finished. There was only one more before he could once again taste the freedom he loved so much.

What was once worn was in his body seemed as if it never existed. Any article of clothing that left the colour had faded from it like a melting chocolate bar. It seemed as if he had been dragged through hell and ravished by a beast. A deep wound is sliced in the flesh of his upper right arm. It's heavily oozing out blood and there's a bluish-purple bruise forming around it.

Ying lightly press his index finger against the center of the cut and suck in a sharp breath as the pain spirals all across my body. Colorful spots contour the sides of his beautiful platinum eyes as he had to bite my lip from the pain of it all. The injuries weren't befitting of the beautiful ger.