Chapter 29 On Friendships and Vodka

Start from the beginning

"I really hope they'd be okay. Shay is in such a deep hole right now. I don't know how we can help her," Ashley lamented.

"Let's just try our best to cheer her up. Help her make a plan in getting Sasha back. We have to be there for the both of them," Troian said.

"And we can start by ordering some food. I'm really hungry guys, plus food can cheer Shay up!" Lucy said.

With that, the girls ordered pizza and talked about a plan on how to help the girls, as they waited for their food to arrive.

"Sash, babe. Wake up," Janel gently said as she tried to wake the blonde who has fallen asleep on the couch.

Sasha stirred a little and opened her eyes, eyes that are too swollen from all the crying she's done. "What time is it?" she asked.

"It's almost 7 o'clock babe. I cooked dinner for us. I know you haven't eaten anything yet," Janel answered.

Sasha sat up and offered a smile to her friend. She is grateful for this woman. They may not have seen each other for some time but the bond they have is still there. Who would have thought that her one-time date, would be the one helping her now?

"Thank you, Jan. You didn't have to. I know you hate cooking."

"You remembered that. Well, things have changed. I have learned to love it. And I'm sure you'll like what I made. It's something I picked up when I was in Paris."

"I'm really not that hungry."

"No excuses. You have to eat. I will not let you drown yourself in tears or let you starve yourself to death."

"I'm not going to starve myself to death. I just don't have any appetite yet."

"You have to eat something. Even just a little. Please? If not for you, do it for me? I made sure that this food is perfect. At least try it?"

Sasha appreciates Janel's effort. The girl went out of her way to cook something nice for her. She should at least show she's grateful.

"Okay. I'll try it. You sure it's edible? The last time I tasted your cooking was that time you burnt the pancakes for our breakfast," Sasha said, laughing a little.

"That was a long time ago. I have definitely gotten better from that fiasco. That was so embarrassing. I was trying to impress you with my cooking skills, even though you were clearly not interested," Janel said stifling a laugh.

"Hey. I never said I was not interested. But we both agreed that we would be better as friends. We got along so well and ruining that, if we got together, is not worth the risk."

"Okay. Okay. Defensive much? I'm just kidding. But you know, I love you, right?"

"Yeah. I know. Thank you. For loving me, for always being there for me. You're one of my best friends and I am so grateful you're here," Sasha said as she reached out her hand to the brunette.

"There's no other place I'd rather be. Besides, I'm gonna be here for you, always, Sash. Always. Hey. Why are we being so emotional? We're just having dinner. You better move your ass and let's eat," Janel replied as she held the blonde's hand. They stood up and made their way to the dining area. Sasha is feeling a little better now. Thanks to Janel, she thinks she's gonna be alright.

Shay did not eat and just stayed in her room. The other girls tried their best to make her eat, but she really was not in the mood. Truth is, she overheard the girls talking about Sasha. They thought she was sleeping, but she was already awake when she heard the girls get in, and she heard everything. She knows she deserves all these, all the pain, all the hate that Sasha has towards her. She wants to see Sasha and beg for her to come back. She wants to make things right, but how can she do that? When Sasha doesn't even want her to know where she is. All she heard was that Sasha is staying with Janel, the brunette they met earlier that day. She felt a pang of jealousy. Her girlfriend shouldn't be with another woman. She shouldn't be sleeping in another woman's room. Sasha should be with her. However she knows, this is all her fault, and now it's going to be hard for her to fix everything. She was silently contemplating what she should do when she heard a knock on the door.

"Hey, you're awake," Ashley said.

"Yeah. I've been up for a while now, just thinking," Shay responded.

"You want to eat? We kept some pizza for you."

"I'm good, Ash. I'm still not hungry."

"You have to eat something."

"I'm okay. Maybe later."

"Do you want to talk? The girls are just outside."

"Really Ash, I'm okay. I don't want to talk about it right now. I'm too tired."

"If you're sure, then I'll leave you to your thoughts. But if you need us, we're just outside, okay?"

"Thanks."

As soon as Ashley was gone, Shay got her phone and tried calling Sasha. She at least wants to hear Sasha's voice, and ask her to come back, but the blonde's phone is turned off. Shay knew it's not going to be easy to fix everything she had broken, but she is determined to wait and do what she can to have Sasha back. With nothing else to do, Shay decided to go back to sleep, hoping that when she wakes up everything is back to how they were used to be.

After having dinner, Sasha took a shower and changed to some comfortable clothes. Janel invited her to watch a movie and eat popcorn. She knows her friend is making an effort to cheer her up, and she must admit it is helping. As she entered the living room, she saw Janel already waiting for her with a bowl of popcorn in one hand and DVD in the other. She smiled at the sight, this girl is really making much effort for her.

"So what do you say about re-watching Love Actually? I've got the popcorn ready. We can also have a little drink, to go with all these. I have a half bottle of vodka left in the cupboard waiting to be finished. So, are you in?"

"Are you trying to get me drunk, Parrish?"

"Of course not. I just want you to relax and have a little fun. I know what's happening with you and your girlfriend is not easy. A little relaxation might help you clear your head."

"You're right. A little relaxation may help take my mind off things for a while. I could use a little drink."

"You got it, girl! Here, put the DVD on and I'll grab some glasses, sprite and that bottle of vodka."

Janel stood up to get the drinking paraphernalia. She's glad that Sasha accepted her invitation. She was not sure if the blonde was up for it, after all, that had happened. Now, all she needs to do is to make sure that Sasha will have a good time.