Chapter 11 New Beginnings

Sasha has gotten better in the next few days, but she still needs to stay in the hospital. She is still a little weak and they still need to monitor her. Her mom is in her room watching her. She felt bad for doing what she did. She did not want her mom to find out what happened to her that way, but she is glad that her mother has forgiven her. That her mother has asked her forgiveness too, for not being there for her, for not being the mother that Sasha needed her to be.

"Mom?"

"Yes, hun?" her mother said slowly looking up.

"I love you," Sasha said.

"I love you too baby. Don't ever do that again, promise me."

"I won't. I promise."

Sasha's mom stood up from the side and hugged her daughter gently. As the mother and daughter share a warm hug, the door opens. Shay walked in bringing a bouquet in one hand and red heart-shaped balloons on the other.

"The flowers are from me and the balloons are from the girls. You have a lot of cards inside my bag from all of the people in school." Shay started. Sasha couldn't help but smile at her girlfriend. She was scared that night when she saw Hudson. All of the pain she felt and all the horror she experienced came rushing back. Worst of all, she felt that if Shay knew, that she would not accept her and she would look at her like she is some kind of  broken doll. Someone that can't be fixed. She was wrong. Shay accepted her and felt proud of how brave she was for going through everything. Her other friends accepted her as well, and she felt stupid for ever thinking that she has to end her life.

"You keep bringing me flowers every day. I think I have enough to set up a flower shop when I get home," Sasha said playfully at her girlfriend. Shay walked towards Sasha and planted a soft kiss on her lips.

"Okay. I'll leave you two alone and buy us all dinner," Sasha's mom said as she stood up and kissed her daughter's forehead.

"Thank you, mom."

Sasha and Shay were talking and reading some of the cards from people at their school when the door opened, and in came their three best friends. The three girls came rushing to Sasha's side each giving her a soft hug.

"We are so happy you are much better now," Lucy said.

"Yes! We thought Shay would also go into a coma for all the depression she was feeling," Ashley said half-jokingly. Shay looked at her as if she was about to strangle her other best friend.

"We are just so happy to see you awake and well Sash. You had us all so worried," Troian chimed in.

"Thank you, guys. I am so sorry for what I did. I don't know what has gotten into me.

All five girls are now talking happily and making plans. The school will give Sasha time to catch up on her studies. The teachers adjusted her workload so that she can still graduate with her friends.

"Sash? Hudson is in custody," Lucy suddenly said.

Sasha was in shock, but she was not scared anymore. She has her mom, Shay and her friends with her. If she was alone before when all that thing happened with Hudson, now she is not.

"Why? I asked mom, not to file a case against him. I just want to move on from everything. Really move on," Sasha said.

"He was caught selling drugs and he also assaulted a girl," Troian said

"How did you guys know?" Sasha asked.

"Ian told me and I told Troi and Ash on our way here," Lucy said. Ian is Lucy's on and off and on again boyfriend. They have been together since they were 16 but had to separate because he had to study in a different city. Ian is older and is now a police officer in the Rosewood Police Department.

Sasha was silent for a moment. She felt relieved. Finally, the man who hurt her and made her feel so weak is now behind bars and will not hurt again. She reached for Shay's hand and they stared at each other. No words were needed, they both know what the other wants to say.

Their silence was broken when Sasha's mom entered the room bringing food for everybody. "Yey! Thanks, Mrs. Pieterse. I am starving," Ashley exclaimed, and everyone in the room burst out laughing.

After three more days, Sasha is finally going home. She never felt better. She knows the road to recovery will be tough, but she has everything she needs to get through. This is her new beginning, a new start at life, and she will not ruin her second chance.

"Are you ready, babe?" Shay said softly, waking Sasha from her daydream.

"Yes! I can't wait to go home! I feel like I'm slowly starting to look like the hospital bed. I have been lying on that thing for 2 months."

"Well, if you start looking like a bed, I really wouldn't mind," Shay said with a hint of naughtiness in her voice.

"You wouldn't? Reaaaally?" Sasha said seductively.

The two continued their flirtatious banter until Sasha's mom peeked in the room and told them they can go. The two walked out hand in hand, with Shay carrying Sasha's bag on her one hand and the blonde leaning a little closer to the love of her life.