Ch. 17

Tris's POV

"Beatrice honey, we are having some neighbors along with family coming over today" my mom says from downstairs. Its Thanksgiving today (A/N I know it was yesterday but I had family over so I couldn't write) and I'm currently getting dressed. I don't know if I should wear a dress, like something fancyish or something nice, but not too nice, like a sweater. Im going with the sweater.

Im wearing a light gray sweater with lace on the bottom with blue skinny jeans. For shoes Im wearing minnetonkas and my hair is in a side braid. For makeup I didn't do anything special just my normal stuff. Concealer, blush, mascara, light eyeshadow, eye pencil, and lip gloss. Hopefully its good enough.

* * *

(Ding dong)

"I'll get it!" I yell running down the stairs.

I open the door to see startling blue eyes. Four. And then I see an oldish man next to him. I'm guessing thats his father.

"Hi, come on in!" I say in a fake happy voice. I lead them to the long table where we will be having our feast. "You can sit anywhere you'd like when Its time, but for now you can sit on the couch and have some appetizers" I explain.

"Thank you" the man says. He seems nice, but theres a hint of evil in his eyes. I can't judge someone I don't know, though.

Then I hear the doorbell again. I go and open the door to see my Aunt Melissa, Uncle Dan, and my cousins Chase and Madison. Madi is 8 and Chase is 10.

"Hi come on in!" I say in a cheerful voice.

"Hi Beatrice, how's it going?" My aunt asks.

"Good. I like my school a lot. I have made a lot of friends." I reply.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" She asks with raise eyebrows. That makes Chase and Madi giggle.

"No I do not. Im not jumping right in after what happened with Zach." I say. Wanting to change the subject I say, "how's it going where you are?" They live in Michigan so we don't see them that often.

"Oh its..." My uncle is answering me, but Im not really listening.

Once he's done asking, I say, "you can sit on the couch and watch TV while we get the table set.

Caleb answers the door for all our other relatives and now its really packed in my house.

"Beatrice, why don't you show Four and your cousins around." My mom advises. Im fine with my cousins but I don't want to tour Four around.

* * *

"So yeah, this is my house!" I say. Most of my cousins are younger than me but a few of them aren't. I didn't show the older ones around because they were socializing. But Laura is 15 so she is closest to my age.

"Can we go play in your basement?" Kaylie asks.

"Yeah!" I exclaim.

"So I guess it just leaves you and me." Four says. I cant stand him.

"yep" I say popping the P.

"What do you wanna do?"

"I don't know. We can talk, go on our phones, or go downstairs and play with my little cousins." I say.

"Phones it is" he says.

We go on our phones until we are called down for dinner.

"Your dating Nita right?" I ask.

"Yep" he says. Then we walk downstairs silently.

When we get down there, everyone already is in a seat and the only two left are next to each other.

We said Grace, and then we dug in.

* * *

"Bye everyone!" My family and I called. Its 9:00 and everyone is leaving now. The Eaton's (Four's family) offered to stay later and help clean up, but we told them they don't have to do that. Once we finished cleaning up, I went right up to bed and fell into a dreamless sleep.

💢A/N I hope you guys liked that chapter!! I tried to make it festive!!!💢

I have to get glasses for far away later today. ugh😩😩😩 👓👓

🎉My birthday is tomorrow!!!🎉

💭QOTD- have u seen Mockingjay? 💭

💥AOTD- im seeing it in 4 hours!!💥

📚never stop reading📚

🎂Bai muffins🎂