23 With a Dash of Truth!

Start from the beginning

"Princess!"

"We were worried about you Peach!"

"I'm so sorry guys, but I couldn't spoil the surprise!" Peach pulled out two boxes and handed one to each twin. "Open them!"

Mario and Lucy shared a look before tearing off the wrapping paper. Lucy gasped.

"Whoa! I've always wanted one of these!" Mario pulled out a portable drain auger. "Oh, this bad boy's gonna work in my favor!""

"Wow!" was all Lucina could say. She felt this was the best gift she ever received. She pulled it out of the box to see it closer. It was a custom made spatula with 'Lucina' in cursive carved into it. "I-I...love it!" Lucy's eyes started to water.

"Aww! I'm glad you like it!" Peach replied. "I heard about how well training is going, congratulations! Now, let's party!" In seconds, the music was cranked up. The toads all crowded around Mario.

"Whoa! Easy there guys!" Mario tried to calm them, but they came at him with questions.

"Mario, is that your sister?"

"Mario, I thought you had a brother!"

"Mario, why did you let him change his body?"

"Mario, don't you hate him for this?"

The last question made him mad. He took a breath and looked them all in the eyes.

"I could never hate her! She was never happy with herself until this transition. She's finally happy and others decided to ridicule her! She's always there for other people, but when she needed it nobody was there for her. People abandoned her. I...abandoned her. I'm doing everything I can to make up for it! If anything...she should hate me!"

The toads were all silent. They didn't expect their hero to fall apart like that. The felt sorry for making him uncomfortable.

"Another thing..."

The toads all looked back at the hero in red.

"It's she and her. She's a she, not a he. If nobody can accept that, then that's their problem." Mario then looked over at his sister. She was smiling and laughing with friends. "Some call it weird, but I call it a miracle."

Lucy was with her group of new friends and having fun. Nancy (her trans friend) then handed her a gift.

"I wanted to give it sooner, but then it would have spoiled things. Happy birthday!"

"Thank you." Lucy then opened the gift and gasped in excitement. It was a new purple dress.

"It's beautiful! Thank you so much Nancy! I'm gonna go put it on now!" Lucy hugged Nancy before rushing off the the restroom to put her dress on

"It's beautiful! Thank you so much Nancy! I'm gonna go put it on now!" Lucy hugged Nancy before rushing off the the restroom to put her dress on. Right after Lucy left, Bowser walked to her friends.