23 With a Dash of Truth!

For the pasted 2 weeks, Lucy started to feel better with everything going on. She had a group of new friends who understood what she's been through thanks to Mario, she's mastering her training and in four months it will be completed, and her boyfriend and her continued to grown with their relationship. Today was Mario and Lucina's 23rd birthday. Every year on this day, Lucina surprises Mario with a special breakfast. This year, she wanted it to be extra special. Yesterday after work, she went food shopping and work up before sunrise for his special surprise. She made an egg and cheese souffle, blackberry and mint scones, strawberry-peach crepes, cinnamon-bacon glazed donuts, a cranberry crumb cake with almonds and two chocolate chocolate chip milkshakes.

It was now 9 am (which is when the duo gets up on weekends) and Lucy heard Mario come out the bathroom dressed and awake.

"Morning big brother!" Lucy said with the biggest smile. "Happy Birthday!"

"Morning little sister!" He said back just as cheerful. "Happy Birthday!" He then noticed the table was elegantly with the most beautiful food set up for breakfast. "W-what's all of this?"

"I decided to go big this year! You truly deserve it!"

"H-how? W-when? W-what-?" He was speechless. It looked so beautiful. So beautiful that it made him really glad about the dream that she chose to follow. He knew she was talented and thought she was wasting it when she became a plumber. This made him believe she was going to go down in history."

"I did the shopping after work yesterday. I started the cooking hours ago. Now, are you ready to dig in?"

"You bet!"

The two of them started digging into their food. To Mario, he always loves his sister's cooking, but something was different this time. This was the best thing he had ever tasted. He felt every bit of love like the usual, but also felt extra.

"This is so good!" He complimented with his mouth stuffed.

"Aww, really? Thank you!"

As the two finished breakfast, Mario heard his phone ring. He got up and answered his phone.

"Hello? Oh, Peach! Hey! What's going on? Uh-huh. Oh, we'll be there soon! Love ya too. Bye." Mario then hung up the phone. He then turned back to his sister.

"What did she want?"

"She said she needed us to come to the castle as soon as possible."

"Did she say why?" Lucy asked confused.

"No...this seems kind of...odd."

"Well we should go now in case she's in trouble!"

"Right! Let's-a go!"

The duo dashed out the door and ran to the castle. As they did so, they decided to cut through toad town. When they did, it was completely deserted. They looked around, but not a single person was there. After looking for about five minutes, they ran the rest of the way to the castle. Mario and Lucy pilled out their wrench and got into position. The door opened and...

"SURPRISE!"

"Huh?"

"Happy Birthday Mario and Lucina!" Peach appeared from behind the crowd.