four

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
there's still so much
that i don't know !
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

24 YEARS LATER

perhaps she should've watched closer. perhaps she should've been smarter, and more receptive. maybe if she had been, she could've saved him.

now here she stood, dressed in black, standing before his erect tombstone. the date of his death, only a year previous, taunted her. his last words rang in her ears, spoken in a soft, caring voice.

"i love you, bells. i'm going to take a bath." he had killed himself mere moments after that, leaving her to discover his corpse floating in the bathtub, the water tinted pink with blood. the image floated around her head, seemingly staining her eyelids, for it was all she saw when she closed her eyes.

her son, dean, grown to be two heads taller than her, lingered close behind her. his presence comforted her, yet she craved the touch of her loving husband. one more hug. all she wanted was another hug.

"mom, it's okay. pop's in a better place now," dean murmured, his voice resembling that of his father. the mere sound of it sent a pang of despair through bella's broken heart.

"i know, darling," she breathed, wiping her face messily and pulling herself to her feet. she pushed a smile to her lips and turned to her son, who bore the same curls his father had once carried.

"how about we go get some pizza, hm? pop's favorite pizza place?" the man asked, and bella nodded slowly, reaching out to take her son's hand.

"only if you're paying," she responded, a soft laugh leaving her full lips. dean gave a laugh as well, tugging his brunette mother along.

the two disappeared into the distance, approaching a dark suv with slow steps and soft conversation. the tomb stood still, watching them go, almost as though the man buried six feet under was watching as well.

life wasn't perfect, but it was slowly becoming bearable again.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hi :) i know that was a shitty way to end the fic but i lost motivation to continue it & angst is my favorite genre. leave all the hate you want; i deserve it for that mediocre rushed ending. have a nice day,, & thank you all for sticking around through this shitty series. i might publish something soon, so keep an eye out for any new books! if you're looking for more of my writing, i have a book of imagines that i'd love to receive requests for :) i also will gladly accept any ideas you guys have for any new fics, regardless of fandom. leave some comments on what i should do next! in fact, just leave any comments you want; feedback, recommendations, even jokes. i love hearing from you guys! alright, that's all. thank you for reading this. i love you <3