The Hermit: the conquerers

The carriage began to halt and a large mansion comes into the frame,boldly bedazzled with the smoothest of gold and eloquently painted with pastel blue colors "I believe this is our stop" Valerius said as you gave a slight nod.

The Counsl stepped down the steps of carriage and reached out his hand to assist you, you thanked him and took his gloved hand forcing you to cling onto his arm, the trail of fabric following behind you as you strolled beside him heart beating fast making the loud echoing sound of your heels make it harder to breathe.

        Both of you finally began to hear music echoing through the halls and a bunch of maids scurrying to deliver meals on carts. Valerius was spotted by the two guards guarding the doors to the ballroom and immediately opened the doors for the both of you. elegantly dressed individuals sat in a large table filled with the finest wine, and the most mouth watering food you can ever imagine,this was such a blessing to have, but Valerius has had enough of it to the point where it isn't as exciting to him anymore.
Valerius cleared his throat and guided you over to a chair near to where Nadia was seated, he pulled the chair for you and gave you a smile before sitting down on a chair himself, exactly right next to you.

"My my, what a vision to see" a sudden comment was heard from a woman seated in front of you, brown hair, laced dress, and pretty green eyes screamed royalty as Valerius tried his best to show a genuine smile instead of a fake one he truly has " oh counsl...is this cherry your new lover?" She smirked as it was obvious to see how uncomfortable Valerius was while you were left to wonder what 'new lover means'.

The green eyed woman giggled and looked at you "I'm Fiordelise, Viscountess Fiordelise" Her eyes twinkled like Emeralds as it squints slightly as she smiled "and you are?" She said as you turned to look at Valerius slightly "(MC), I'm a magician..." you answered as Fiordelise's warm aura made you feel more and more comfortable "interesting....Countess, you never told me we'd be dining with a magician,oh! And she's pretty as well why don't you come visit my estate from time to time I could make you a dress" Nadia chuckled as Fiordelise continued to show her vibrant and almost hyper active personality, but meanwhile you began to notice a nerve poking out of Valerius's forehead as he drank his 4th glass of wine.

"Honestly Fiordelise please control yourself" a man with grey hair said, rubbing his forehead as the lady in laced dress looked over to his direction "aw com on papa, I couldn't control myself.. " she said with a cute smile showing her dimples. The man beside her was oddly familiar to you, his blue eyes were somehow ones you've seen before as if you've seen it in a painting not so long ago " excuse me sir.. are you perhaps a count?" You asked as he raised a brow "why yes, count Claudius, Claude for short" he said with a big amount of confidence hidden within his voice " Counsl, it's quite bold of you to bring your lover to an important brunch meeting, maybe you should try to consider asking before bringing plebs into the table" he said as Valerius began to form an irritated expression on his face "she is very important to the countess, and frankly I find her worthy enough to even stand next to me" Nadia sighed " there will be none of that today, and yes, Count Claudius (MC) is very important to me" she said while the squeaking noise of the door opening interrupted the tension between the five.

There confidently a man stood, dark brown hair with grey streaks in the middle, scarlet robes, and a gold ring. An aura of intimidation and arrogance booming as he walked over to sit at the end of the table far away from you and Valerius. You looked over to Valerius and saw his eyes somehow widened with shock and his skin pale "Valerius.. are you alright?" You asked as he shook his head slightly " Countess.. please excuse us" he said, standing up from his seated position before dragging you behind him to exit through another door.