Ch 16

"Fuck." I huff getting out of the rubble.

I then see Steve and Natasha get out of the hole through the rubble.

"J.D!" Steve exclaims in a hushed tone coming to me helping me up.

"You're bleeding." Natasha says and I touch my eyebrow feeling the blood trickle down between my fingers.

"It's fine. Let's go quick." I say pushing them forward so we can escape quickly as I watch their backs.

We get in the truck and I speed off. I stole a truck with a full speedometer so I'm going to use the whole speedometer.

"Let me drive you have injuries." Steve says from the back seat.

"Oh yes Steve let me pull over right now when people are after us to kill us." I chuckle but wince when I feel pain.

"You guys alright?" I then ask looking over at the two of them.

"Yes because my best friend took the blow and is hurt." Steve deadpans and I crack a smile.

"Are you seriously mad because I saved your ass?" I ask with my non bloody eyebrow raised and he sighs.

"You tend to do that a lot." He says and I shrug slightly.

"Remember our talk after the battle of New York? When you got your arm treated." He then asks making me get a bit serious.

"Yeah." I sigh wiping my lip from blood.

"In all honesty I was planning on hopping in the hole too but when Romanoff said 30 seconds she really meant it." I smirk trying to light up the mood as I look over to the passenger seat to the red head herself who's looking out the window.

"Hey." I say grabbing her forearm softly making her look down at my scraped, bloody hand then over at me.

"You okay?" I ask her softly.

"Yeah." She nods turning away but I can tell she's still in her head but I decide not to push it.

"Where are we gonna go anyways?" Steve asks getting my attention.

"Well since I'm speeding like a maniac we'll get there in no time." I say focusing on the road.

"That didn't answer my question." He says.

"I know." I smile sitting back.

~

It's dark out and we walk up to a door and knock. The door opens.

"Hey guys." Sam says looking between Steve and I.

"We're sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Steve speaks.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Natasha says and Sam takes a small pause.

"Not everyone." He says as he lets us in his home.

I'm in the bathroom cleaning my wounds with Natasha who insisted on helping me. I had my shirt off, only in a sports bra. I was leaning against the sink with Natasha behind me cleaning the scrapes I had on my back. I look through the mirror to see her look sad and thoughtful.