Chapter 3

HEY GUYS welcome back to another chapter, enjoy!

CINDY'S  POV

I sat in class bored as ever, the only thing that was running through my mind was it being over.

"Okay class, that's it for today those essays are due on Monday" Professor Malcom declared. Everyone packed up their belongings and left. 

I headed to the apartment that I shared with my bestfriend. I went home to change into my work clothes, I worked at a cafe/coffee shop. Well the same cafe that I go to for my book club. Rent had to come from somewhere right.

After making my way out of the house I checked my phone for the time, seeing that I had an unread message.

Oh crap! This was from yesterday.

I got so distracted with Rei yesterday that I forgot to message Harris back.

"So what do you say?" said his reply from yesterday.

"My apologies, I got caught up ;/"

As I walked the streets of New York, I took the time that I didn't have to look around. The lace was buzzing with life.

Crowds of people were walking on the street, cars  were stuck in traffic, the horns of cars made loud noises as people tried to get their day going.

Yep!, that was New York for you.

I checked my phone to see that I was fifteen minutes late, I quickly rushed to work, slipping behind the counter in record time before my boss could notice that I was late.

The café was busy as expected on a Friday afternoon.

"Thanks for covering for me, Sydney" I thanked the blonde and took my place at the cash register.

"No problem" She moved and started to clean the tables.

"Hi, Welcome to Spilt Beans can I take your order?" I greeted the customer with a smile on my face.

I continued to take orders and later on to closing time, I wiped the tables and swept the floors. Sydney had already left and I was left to lock up.

After I was done cleaning up the place, I turned off all of the lights and turned on the alarm system. I locked up the shop, leaving to go home. It was a little past seven as I started to head home, the sun was about to set.

I arrived home, slipping out of my work clothes and went to take a bath. When I was finished, I grabbed a quick snack and got comfortable in my bedroom on my phone.

"It's cool, but you never answered my question" I read, after a few silent moments of completating whether I should answer back or not.

"What question?"

"Would you allow me to get to know you?"

"Why not, I guess"

"Should we call, I mean we don't have to if u dnt feel comfortable"

"Sure"

Minutes later we were on a call.

"Hey" came his deep voice.

"Hi" I responded.

I didn't even know what to say I just wanted to keep quiet, what if I farted on the call or something.

"I didn't expect for you to have such a beautiful voice"

I chuckled flattered by his comment. I always thought that my voice was ugly and annoying.

"thank you"

"so what do people on call usually talk about?"

"I don't know, usually their life" I ended my sentence with an awkward laugh, what was is supposed to tell him.

"Well ill go first" "My name is Harris Wayne, Im 23 years old and I love going to the beach, it brings me a sense of peace.

"omg same!"

"Oh really? Maybe we can go together sometime"

"For sure"
"Okay, I don't want to be that person that only talks about themselves, how about you?"

"Well, Im Cindere Anderson-"

"You have such a unique name, Cindere"  The way my name rolled off of his tongue gave me chills.

"Mom thought it would've been funny I guess, I got bullied a lot for it though. Not that I really gave a f-" "Um- I go to college now, I'm 21 years old and I like coffee. Honestly I'm addicted to it.

"The smell of coffee is actually so satisfying"

"It calms your nerves" We both laugh at each other.

"Most people don't find the smell of coffee appealing, its like their missing out" "The brew of everything is just beautiful"

Harris had gotten really quiet on the other line and I was worried that I bored him to death.

"Sorry if I bored you"

"No no, you actually didn't. Its actually interesting to hear someone talk about what their passionate about"

"Actually, I really and truly love to read, books and coffee go so well together"

"What if I told you on my free days I just sit and read?"

"It's not unheard of for guys to read, where do you like to read? For me it's my bathroom tub"

"My grandmother actually owns this beautiful café where it serves the best coffee and muffins, I usually sit at the back in a booth, lost in whatever world that I'm reading."

"Sounds-", I paused. "Breathtaking."

"It is."

I yawned, stretching my body before curling up in my covers, "Harris can you tell me more about your grandmother café?"

"No problem, beautiful. When my I'm there it feels like all my responsibilities disappear, the smell of fresh muffins fill the coffee polluted air, you can only hear the faint sound of the bells ringing when customers come inside"

I rested my head on my pillows, listening to his beautiful yet ruff accent. Soon enough I heard soft humming before I fell asleep.

"Sweet dreams, beautiful"

A small dreamy smile crept upon my lips as I fell into a deep slumber.

A/N: Hi guys, thank you for taking your time out to read this book it must appreciated, honestly. How are you liking Harris so far? Isnt he sweet?

Who else likes the beach?

Please Comment, Vote and Share its greatly appreciated.