Catching up

When Huck and Tom arrived, it was late. Neither of them were really tired though, they were both excited to see each other again. They both sat down at the dining room table and talked about their lives and what had happened in the years past. "You ever get married, Tom?" Huck asked.
"No, never could find the right person."
"I would've guess you'd been tied down already, you were so infatuated with love."
"I was naive, I suppose" Tom couldn't stop thinking of one moment when they were younger. When Tom kissed Huck at the Widow Douglas's party. He had been thinking about it since he was still at the tavern, but he decided to finally mention it now.
"At least I got some things about love right though, Huck"
"And what's that?"
"When I kissed you at the Widow's party"
Huck blushed, he had nearly forgotten. He played the memory back in his head;
________________________________
"I figure we can slope down, it ain't to far of a drop. You got a rope?"
"Now Huck, what'd we want to slope for?"
"Oh Tom, I cant face all them people. I'm no good in front of a crowd like you are!"
Tom leaned in and kissed Huck passionately.
"It don't bother me one bit, I'll take care of ya, Huck."
________________________________
"Tom, why didn't you ever mention it again?"
"I didn't think you were to keen on the subject."
They both thought again for a moment. Huck kissed Tom suddenly.