I broke away, gasping for air. Erik was staring straight at me, his eyes filled with lust.

“Hey,” he murmured, out of breath. He pulled me back down to him, tangling his hands in my now undone hair. Rolling us over so he was on top, he stopped for a second to just look at me.

“What are you looking at?” I panted, wanting him to kiss me again.

“You,” he responded. “You're beautiful.”

His comment made me blush uncontrollably, as Erik sat there chuckling.

“You think I'm pretty?” I whispered, not used to compliments like these.

“No,” he said truthfully. My heart dropped out of my chest, and I felt a slight burning in my eyes signaling I was going to cry soon.

“I think you're insanely stunning. You're the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen to grace the planet, Rosemarie.”

I half snorted, half laughed at his cheesy-ness. “Sure, Erik. Whatever floats your boat.”

He laughed, and kissed me again, only rougher this time.

The warm feeling ran through my body again, and I shuddered, wrapping my legs around Erik. He growled, starting to attack my neck with kisses. I sighed happily, and then he suddenly sucked hard on a spot in the middle of my neck.

I hissed, but then I realized it was a pleasurable hiss.

What is happening to me?! I'm not like this! I thought to myself.

Don't fight it, honey. My wolf answered me.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!?! I asked her.

It's your heat, dear. She casually remarked.

WHAT!?!??! I exclaimed inwardly. Erik kept kissing the same spot, so I wasn't going to object. I'm just hoping he didn't leave to much of a mark. A girl only has so much concealer.

Well, it explains the hot feelings you've been getting right? Why you just feel the urge to jump on Erik and just have him all to yourself? All the male wolves on campus can feel your arousal, especially your mate.

I felt my face flush in embarrassment, when suddenly Erik bit down on my neck. I gasped, not expecting it, and immediately slapping my hand to the right side of my neck.
“ERIK!” I screeched at him. He was looking at me with pride and apology written all over his face.

“Shit, Rose, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to mark you, it just happened!” Erik apologized quickly, as I pushed him off of me and ran into the bathroom, slamming and locking the door angrily.

I lifted up my hair and then looked at the now very prominent mark on my neck. Shit, everyone was going to flip out when they saw this!
“Rose, I'm sorry!” Erik said, knocking on the door. “I didn't mean to, it was just in the moment and-”

“ERIK, SHUT UP!” I seethed at him, as he fell quiet like a good boy and sat next to the door.

I probed the mark he left on my neck, and I hissed in pain.

Why are you mad? This is a GOOD THING that you're marked. My wolf decided to butt in at the worst possible moment.

I wasn't even thinking about being marked! We hadn't even talked about it before! What made him think he could just mark me and get away with it?! I snapped at her.

Rose, calm down. Now other wolves will back the hell off, because you're marked territory. Especially since you're an ALPHA'S marked territory. You should be out there on your knees in thanks! You didn't even have to go through anything, you were marked the second it happened. My wolf explained matter-of-factly.