Cato Imagine for Felicia

Start from the beginning

Cato pointed to a boy with black hair standing there not saying anything, just listening to the conversation."You stay here and guard our supplies. If we come back and the supplies are gone, you're dead."

I look at Cato, shocked. He couldn't kill him just because of that, could he?

He just catches my eye and sends me a smirk and I look away. Of course he would actually kill him. This is the Hunger Games. If he wanted to live, he would have to kill everyone.

He turned back to everyone else. "OK. Let's go." Everyone picked up their supplies and weapons and started to go into the woods.

I run up to Cato and start walking beside him. "Why do you have to be so mean to him?"

He turns to face me, a serious look on his face that makes me want to cower back. But I don't. "This is the Hunger Games, Felicia. It's not practice at home or training. We're not playing games anymore," he says harshly.

I flinch back and stare at the ground. "OK. Sorry."

It was quiet and none of us said anything until Cato broke the silence. Look, I'm sorry, OK? It's just that this is serious and we can't afford to die."

"We? Only one of us can win, you know."

"No." He looked around to see if anyone was there before turning back around to face me. "I have a plan."

"A plan?"

"A plan to make us both win the games."

That's impossible, I thought. There's no way we could both win the games. "How would we do that?" I asked."They won't let us both win."

"We'll just have to find a way to make them then."

After we had found a place to set up camp we had to find something to eat. "Cato and I will find something to eat."

"OK. Don't take too long doing other things," Glimmer teased, winking suggestively at us. "We're starving, you know."

I rolled my eyes. "Trust me, we won't."

We walked into the woods to look for food. "Don't you think we should be a little more careful?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, we set up camp basically right in the middle of the woods. Don't you think that anyone coming by could just see us and kill us while we're sleeping or something?"

"Even if someone did see us, they probably wouldn't even try to attack us, much less kill us. We're the careers. Everyone is probably too scared to come for one of us. They'll probably kill each other first before they even think about coming after one of us."

"Or they'll kill us first since we're the most dangerous to them. Just because we're the careers doesn't mean we're automatically safe, Cato."

"Fine. When we get back we'll move camp."

After we finished hunting, we looked over what we had collected. We had been able to collect a few squirrels, birds, and some fish which would probably be enough food to last for a while. We knew how to hunt since we were from District 2, the only district that, as far as I knew, was allowed to train for the games so it wasn't that hard to get a lot of food in a short time.

When we got back to camp there was a new boy who I didn't think was a career. "Who's that?" I asked, pointing to him.

"Peeta," Glimmer said. "He's from District 12."

Why didn't you kill him yet then?" Cato asked, walking towards him.

I pulled him back. "Cato, stop."