"I mean," Bucky spoke with a tired smile, and he rubbed at his eyes. "I know who her soulmate is. Her real soulmate, anyway."

I leant back, almost sliding off his knees as I stared at him. "How?"

"I saw the mark." He shrugged, like it was no big deal. His playful smirk told me he knew exactly that his teasing words were making my mind go haywire.

"If you don't tell me who it is-"

"David."

My mouth fell open, and I stared at him. "David?"

"David."

"Owens big brother David?"

Bucky nodded, a smile playing on his lips. "Owen pointed his mark out in the playground. It used to be red, but it changed to blue."

My mind was racing, and I flicked my eyes to the ceiling where the shower was still heard, pumping streams of hot water in the bathroom. My voice was a whisper when I spoke. "Do you think either of them know?"

Bucky chuckled, "You were oblivious for ages when we first met-"

"I was not!" I insisted, pushing at his shoulder.

He grabbed my hand, and I slid down his lap until his lips were hovering over mine. "I love you doll."

"I love you too." I whispered. "But we need to go to bed. We'll have the police on us tomorrow and we need to contact Tony, and get D'Arcy to school and go to work..."

"Look at me." He cupped my face as my breathing began to race, and slowly massaged the tips of my now rosy cheeks with the pads of his thumbs. "I need you to breathe."

"Okay." I whispered.

We wrapped our arms around one another, before slowly making our way to bed.

***

~Bucky's POV~

"I'm on my way to the Tower now, are you sure you'll be okay here?" I asked as Amelie hurriedly made up a row of drinks for a group of men who had come in for a pint at lunch.

She nodded, not really listening. "River said she's coming with you, she's just sat in the back at the moment."

River had insisted on coming to work with Amelie like usual, but every time the door opened for people to enter the bar, she would crumble into a shaking ball of nerves. Amelie had given her a book of order forms and asked her to create the list to ring the suppliers with that afternoon.

I nodded, "and then I'm picking D'Arcy up, and I'll take her to the Tower if we've not finished."

"I'm working till 6 so you could drop her here and then I could take her home? Unless we join you at the Tower for dinner?" Amelie patted my shoulder on her way past, her hands filled with the full glasses.

The phone on the wall began ringing, and Amelie shot me a pleading look over her shoulder as she walked over to the men's table. I reluctantly answered the phone, mentally prepping what I was going to say.

"Tower Bar, Bucky speaking, how may I help?" I chewed on my lip as I searched for a pen, before Davids voice replied.

"Hey man, I was wondering if you could do me a massive favour? I can't get to the school tonight there's been a..." he hesitated for a moment, "I can't get there, I was wondering if you could pick Owen up and I can pick him up from yours around 7? I'm really sorry for the short notice." He pleaded.

I glanced at Amelie who was chatting with a group of elderly women who had balls of knitting piled on their table.

"Yeah of course," I mentally began replanning our evening. "We might be at the bar or Avengers Tower, is that alright for Owen?"