'We don't have time to dawdle we need to regroup with our other squads. Neal's squads should be near our position we need to move quickly before Reunions' main forces find us." I nodded to her statement but as I begin to move I felt a sharp pain down on my ankle. Did I sprain it? Crap looks like I won't be able to walk. I leaned against a wall that was conveniently next to me and gestured Amiya to come towards me. Her bunny ears twitched, how adorable.

"Doctor, what's wrong?" She questioned with her sweet voice. "Amiya, I'm sorry but it looks like I won't be able to walk properly"

"D-doctor d-did you break anything ?! I'm so sorry you didn't know anything yet, I dragged you into this I'm really sorry Doctor!" Seeing her bow to me repeatedly while everyone was staring, was embarrassing even Dobermann looked at me like I was some kind of exotic animal. I started to blush from all this attention. Thank God for this mask or I would drop dead from this.

Mhmm?!

A memory from a forgotten past, a young white-haired bunny bowing towards a silver-haired boy.

"I-I'm really sorry Z----h I-I broke your favorite toy!" She repeatedly said to the young man. She held a broken action figure in her trembling hands and the weird thing was... it was frozen. The boy in question sheepishly scratched the back of his head not knowing what to say, until he did.

"It's ok Frost its no biggy, it's just a toy."

"I-is it really ok?" She lifted her head, tears swelling on her eyes.

"Y-yeah of-

*Smack*

Wha--

"Hey what's with that expression huh? I'm a medic I could treat you all you have to do is just ask, Doc" I angrily looked behind me to see Ayano with a toothy grin. 'Did you forget about me?" I wanted revenge for her smack did hurt, for a medic she is strong.

"I simply don't bother to remember insignificant people." I said with a cold voice. Expecting her to move away yet---

"Aww, that's not nice at all!" She kept her cheery attitude and even puffed her cheeks as she pouted. Adorable.

"Come on now say sorry!"

"Yeah yeah sorry."

"What's with that half-hearted response?"

"Anyway aren't you suppose to heal me?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot!" When she was healing my ankle I noticed the eyes of Amiya and Dobermann. Good thing for my mask that they couldn't see that I was staring at them, but I felt a different type of stare. A stare from Amiya seemed saddened while a stare from Dobermann seemed... cautious as if she had seen this before. I will investigate this more even if I am overthinking this. Perhaps they knew me before I lost my memories, I wonder what type of person I am for them to give me those eyes.
——————————————————————————------------------------------------------------------------

"Is that Ace's squad?" Amiya told everyone as we got closer to a platoon of Rhodes Island operators. I saw a man with a shield, his face was discovered in scars and he was wearing sunglasses. Really sunglasses? Isn't it too cloudy for it to be effective?  He turned towards us as we approached him.

"Boss! Why are you here?" The same operator from before called out to Ace. I figured out his name was Cayde when I talked to everyone while we rested. Cayde went with Amiya to help them find me and fight against any opposing force that might try to stop them.

"I was afraid that the Reunion might've stopped you, that's why I came here with the rest of our squad Cayde." Answered the man to his junior. 

"And from the looks of things I was correct in my judgment right, Dobermann?" He switched his attention to her as he said those words.

"Sigh Yes, reunion hit us quite hard as they launched a sudden attack on us. We even lost a few good operators." She reminisced about those who we lost. I feel sorry for them, really sorry as they gave up their life for me.

"Is that so? Then my condolences Dobermann." 

"Ughh!!" We looked towards where that noise came from, it came from Caydes direction. He held his torso tightly. Ayano ran towards him to give him immediate treatment.

'Are you ok? Where does it hurt?" She helped him stand on his own. When out on the field she is very serious. The person whom I talked to who played around me was gone. There stood a person who is always in a life or death situation with her peers.

"I-I'm fine Ayano, thanks for your help" He held up his hand to stop her from getting near him.

"Mhmm? What's wrong? Other than your wound?" I asked out loud. There was something else other than pain, in his eyes, I could see it. 

"It's just that.." His other hand balled into a fist as he hesitated to say what was in his mind. This is bad for our situation, after all, we were in the middle of a battlefield. I needed to clear his mind even if I invaded his privacy, I'm sorry in advance.

"Just?" I pushed on further. He took a deep breath before opening his mouth again.

"It's just that... the clinic called Azael an infected one refused to give us information. If-if only they were willing too, we wouldn't be in this condition!" I stepped away from him, I was not expecting his sudden burst of anger.

"Amiya! You were there with the negotiations, right? Did you negotiate with them right? That cold and goddamn arrogant attitude of theirs... Just fucking makes me so pissed! We could've saved so many people. If-if only..." Staring down on his feet he could only mope on what already happened. 

"We simply cannot put the loss of lives to them. They are untrusting for they are infected." Said Ace, as he tried to calm him down. Amiya also helped relieve his stress. 

"Ace is right, that clinic was for infected and you know how infected are after all you are one too. They are afraid of everything as they can't even trust their own fellow infected. You must understand that they wanted to protect themselves even at the cost of an ally. I understand where they come from and... I forgive them."

"If you don't mind me asking Amiya, but what is that clinic? Azazel something?" I pondered over this as soon as they spoke about it.

"Ah yes, Doctor, I forgot to tell you they helped us find where you were being kept in this city. We wanted them to give us more information about the layout of the city and if there were any Reunion movement seen here, we wanted everything about it but alas they said no." 

"What happened to them?"

"They... We don't know exactly what happened to them as we left after the rest of the negotiations failed." 

BOOOOOOOOM

A sudden explosion rang our ears as we talked and almost made me fall over if not for Amiya holding. 

"Thanks, Amiya"

'Anytime Doctor"

"No time to dilly dally we need to move, that was in Nearls direction. Reunions scouts probably found her first and that's a good thing, let's get there before their main forces arrive. Also Doc, its nice to work with you again old friend." 

"Wait who--

"Go!" Dobermann pushed me along as we did more running. I couldn't even tell him about my memory problem, oh well. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) (1957 words woohoo! Review and vote guys. Also, I'll try to get one chapter per week if school doesn't butt fuck me. Have a nice day and good day/night)