Chapter 9

It had been many weeks since the confrontation with Azog. Many of the dwarves have forgiven Urzoth for her lie, and some even began to trust her. Thorin was one of the few of them who still didn't trust the she-orc. He worried she was somehow related to Azog; Though Gandalf constantly told him otherwise. He couldn't help the shiver that went down his spine whenever he looked into her pale blue eyes.

Urzoth and Kili had grown especially close. They spent most of the journey talking to each other and causing mischief with Fili. Urzoth had grown to care for all of the dwarves deeply, Kili especially. Though she would never admit it, she was falling for the young scruffy dwarf prince.

Kili was even more infatuated with Urzoth than before. The more he learned about her, the more interesting she became. He never imagined it possible to feel the way he felt for her. Every second he spent with her made him feel alive. Whenever she touched him, he felt a jolt of electricity shoot through him. Whenever she looked at him with her icy blue eyes, he felt weak. This is a feeling he could only describe as love.

Fili knew his brother liked the she orc and he worried. He feared Urzoth would break his heart, seeing as she is an orc. Fili had voiced his opinion, but Kili got angry and ended up ignoring him the rest of the day. He hasn't brought it up since. Despite his worries, Fili was happy for his brother and couldn't help but smirk whenever they fluster each other.

"We'll camp here for tonight," Thorin announced as the company walked into a small clearing. The sun was just starting to set, and the thick red and orange trees above illuminated the clearing in the most beautiful way.

Fili and Kili set their packs down on the roots of a large tree on the edge of the clearing. Urzoth untied her sword from her belt and laid it amongst their pile. Kili and Fili set up their sleeping bags while Urzoth made a makeshift nest out of the few fallen leaves. Kili had felt bad that she didn't get a proper bed, but she didn't mind. She was used to sleeping on hard rock, so a leafy ground was an upgrade to her.

"Fili, Kili! Take first watch!" Thorin calls to the group. He very much disapproved of their closeness with Urzoth. He couldn't shake the feeling that she was up to something no good.

"Is it just me or do we always get first watch," Kili comments as soon as Thorin takes his gaze from them.

Urzoth cracks a smile while Fili shakes his head in disapproval "Stop your whining, brother," He scolds playfully.

"I'll complain all I want," Kili argues.

Fili rolls his eyes and Urzoth bursts out laughing. "Buffoons," she comments, a wide smirk plastered on her face.

"Would you stop calling us that!" Fili groans.

"Yeah! We cant understand black speech!" Kili complains.

"Which makes it all the more funny!" Urzoth replies with a loud cackle.

"That's very rude of you, Uzfakuh" Kili says, which makes Urzoth stop. Fili shoots his brother a surprised glance.

"What does that mean?" Urzoth growls, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Nothing," Kili says with a mischievous smirk.

Urzoth turns her gaze to Fili, "What does it mean?" She asks.

Fili just stares back at her. He couldn't believe what Kili had called her. It was a very common profession of love. Fili knew Kili fancied her, but he hadn't thought it could possibly become love. He was in utter shock. Fili glanced at Kili who was beaming, proud of the pet name he'd given her.

"He won't tell you," Kili says confidently.

Urzoth narrows her eyes and growls. "You're very rude," She grumbles.