Prologue : Tell The Truth and God Will Save You

Start from the beginning

Azira said, "I am not. I thought we were supposed to not know."

The Grand Elder said, "You're not, but we thought perhaps you'd try to take a guess."

Azira said, "I don't dwell on topics like that."

The Elder Guard nodded and said, "Thank you for your time Azira. You have helped us in a great way today."

Azira said, "Thank you for protecting us," and stood up. He then walked out of the room. There were many things occurring outside of the room. For one, people were eating and talking. Some others were carrying things outside. The other teens of Azira's age bracket were going down stairs. He followed them.

The basement smelled like air freshener, teenage oder, and McDonald's. Azira found this smell to be comforting and familiar. He walked in the room and took his spot on the couch. Right next to him was an empty spot. It would stay an empty spot for tonight.

Two Weeks Ago

Azira was not completely paying attention to the announcement on the TV. A dark room meant time to hold hands with Anthony. Nobody could see their fingers intertwined. Nobody could see Azira lay his head on Anthony's shoulder. This was their time. Nobody else's.

As they were cuddling up, an announcement entitled, "Homosexuals Will Go To Hell" was playing. There's irony somewhere in the situation.

Now

Anthony walked down the side of the road. He had no where to go. There was no one he could turn to. Everything seemed lost to him. Some part of him felt like he should go off into the woods and die. Another part of him wanted to keep living.

"There's no point in living if I don't have Azira."

He saw headlights. He waited on the side of the road until the truck pulled closer. When it was close enough he jumped out into the road. He was hit, but not hard enough.

"What the fuck!" the truck driver shouted. They got out of the truck to find Anthony laying in the road.

Anthony stared up at the sky. Tears rolled down his cheeks. "Am I dead?" he asked the truck driver before passing out.

When he awoke he was in the hospital. His entire body felt tense. "Hello?" he asked. The truck driver sat in a chair across the room.

"Anthony..." They sighed, "What the actual hell?"

Anthony's eyes focused. He looked over at who was talking.

"Beezy? Is that you?"

"Yes, it's me, now tell me what were you thinking."

Anthony thought back on what happened. "I... I was banished. I had no place to go. I lost Azira... I was banished for homosexual activity. Oh I hope they don't find out about Azira!"

Beezy said, "Welcome to the world Anthony. After you get out of the psych ward you're coming with me."

"I want to go home."

Beezy sighed, "Well what you just left wasn't home... Also just a tip don't say homosexual activity just say you're gay."

Anthony nodded and said, "But I... I did intimate things with Azira."

"Good for you."

Anthony sat up and shouted, "Not good! I ruined him! It was outside of season too!"

Beezy said, "Calm down or I'll call the nurse, and she'll have to sedate you again."

"Oh alright," Anthony sighed as he laid back down, "I just want Azira. I can't live without Azira."

"Yes you can. He's just like the rest of them. Once you realize that you'll be glad to let him go."

Beezy hugged Anthony. They whispered, "You'll be alright, I promise."

"I hope so."

A Week Later

"Azira! Hey Azira!" Gabriel shouted, "Can I talk to you?"

Azira was walking home from the Dollar General. He stopped and said, "Yes, Gabriel. You can talk to me. I suppose that's what you're doing now."

Gabriel asked, "Have you been thinking about who you're going to choose for mating season?"

"Well I was considering Uriel, but she's not showing interest in me."

Gabriel sighed, "That's unfortunate... If you could choose anyone current member or former member to have during season who would it be?"

Azira replied, "I'll have to think about that. I believe it would have to be... Remember before the churches got spilt into east and west zones because everything was too crowded? There was this girl, I believe her name was Mary Grace, she was lovely. She lives on the east side though... So Gabriel tell me, who would you choose?"

Gabriel responded, "Definitely Beezy. Beezy was cute. Cute girls make cute babies."

Azira laughed softly, "We're not supposed to think about the ones who have left us. Plus, Gabriel, I don't believe Beezy actually was a she. At least that's what I was told."

"Oh, yeah, I'm sure everyone heard about why Beezy got kicked out. Some sinners just won't see the light. Just like... Anthony!"

Azira said, "Please don't mention him. I've spent the week praying to forget about him."

"Yes, and you've looked to me for guidance," Gabriel said with a smile on his face, "That's a good thing. Perhaps I could look to you for guidance too, seeing we're struggling with letting go."

Azira smiled and said, "That's not a bad idea. That would be good for the both of us."

"Maybe we could have a Bible Discussion and Study Meeting Tuesday night," Gabriel suggested.

"That would be wonderful!"

Monday

Anthony sat on the passenger side of Beezy's Ford F150. It was a rather large truck, and was an intimidating red.

"So you spend a lot of time in this truck?" Anthony asked. He looked at the candy rappers on the floorboard.

Beezy nodded and said, "Like my second home... Which you're going home with me by the way. You don't have any place to stay. Plus, you'll have therapy. They'll deprogram you. After that you should be able to function properly. Perhaps you could get a job, go to school, all kinds of stuff. There's a big world out here Anthony."

Anthony laid his head against the window and asked, "Do you have parents or are you alone?"

Beezy smiled and said, "I did get adopted. Very nice parents I suppose. They know about you. They're fine with you coming."

Anthony didn't say anything after that. He just kept looking out the window.

That was it until they got home.

Anthony struggled with a broken leg. He was on crutches. It was unfortunate that the door to the house was up steep stairs. Anthony had to deal with it though. Once inside things were better.

"So, Anthony, these are my parents," Beezy said, "I suppose you'll call them-"

"Mae! Look the boy is a ginger! Look at that red hair!"

The one named Mae laughed, "He is a ginger! Oh he has beautiful red hair! And look at those cheek bones Douglas!"

Beezy spoke a little louder. "I was saying you can call them Mae and Doug."

Mae said, "The poor boy is probably so tired. Poor him has had a rough week. Come on, let's get you all settled in."

Anthony softly smiled and said, "I suppose I'd like that."

Doug patted his back and said, "Then come on then... Not too fast though. You're on crutches."