09

𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈,

( second-person point of view  )

You were oh so rudely awoken by the sound of the alarm clock beeping incessantly. You groaned and slammed the clock so it would shut up. When it was finally quiet again, you rolled back over, only to be greeted with the image of your boyfriend stirring in the bed beside you. You smiled as he yawned and stretched as he woke up.

"Good morning," You greeted lazily, still very much half-asleep.

"Good morning," He said back, equally as tired. He had a small smile and leaned over to kiss your forehead. You hummed, pulling the blanket closer to you to keep you warm. You really did not feel like getting up out of bed and starting the day. You wish you could just stay in bed all day with L and do nothing at all.

"It's too early," You murmured, snuggling closer to your lover.

"You know we have to get up eventually," L murmured back, loosely draping his arms around your waist. "The longer we wait, the more likely it is someone will see one of us."

"I know, I know," You groaned again, tugging L's body closer to your own. "But I don't want to get up yet."

"You're terrible," L chuckled, leaving another kiss on your forehead.

"Why am I terrible?" You asked, pretending to be offended by his statement.

"Because if you stay in bed, you're going to keep me here too," L explained, to which you laughed. You nodded, knowing he was completely right. You nuzzled your face into his chest as you refused to leave the bed. L's fingers danced through your messy hair as you enjoyed the cuddling. Everything was so perfect, you didn't have a care in the world.

As you were snuggled up under the covers with the man you loved more than anything, it was only the two of you; the outside world didn't exist. There was no work to get to in a matter of an hour or two, there was no Kira, and there was nothing at all to worry about.

"Love, we have to get up now," L told you as he gently nudged your side. "The others will be at headquarters soon."

"Fine," You grumbled.

"You have to let me go," L said, tugging on your arms that were still securely wrapped around him.

"Fine," You groaned again and tossed yourself off the bed carefully. You rubbed your eyes and stretched your arms up toward the ceiling. You suddenly felt L kiss the back of your neck several times in a row while tenderly caressing your hair. You felt your face warm at the intimate gesture and giggled like a school-girl.

"I love you, and I'll see you soon," L whispered before disappearing out of your room. He was going back to his room to get ready for the day before anyone could notice he slept in your room. You supposed you had to get ready as well, even though you never wanted to. 

Why on earth did everyone let morning people dictate society's schedule?

𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝓊𝑒𝒹. . .