Good Morning

Josie P.O.V:

I woke up at 6:00 am dreading the day ahead of me. School. The worst 6 hours of my day. Before school went back, I had all the time in the world to relax and be a normal teenager. It was really busy to begin with because I had to work all the time. But that was because I wanted to do as many hours at the start of summer so I could have time to relax before school went back. I was glad I made that decision.

I don't know who decided to start school at 8:30 am, but whoever it was, they are already dead to me. I am not a morning person. On weekends I will murder anyone who wakes me up before 10:00 am, even if it is my mum. I know it seems a bit too much, but it isn't unnecessary. It's mandatory. Even though I'm 16, it isn't unreasonable for me to want to sleep.

I groaned as I literally rolled out of my bed and onto the floor. Slowly getting up, I realised that it isn't even light outside and I'm awake. Oh how my life has changed within a day. I slowly walked to my closet, get out the clothes I need for the day and go to the bathroom with my eyes still half open. I flicked on the light, the worst decision I have ever made, so I could see but what I saw was way too bright for this time of the day.

I got into the shower, the warm water slightly waking me up and mentally preparing me for the day. I can not imagine having a cold shower. I just can't do that and I don't know how anyone would willingly do that to themselves. Especially without just a tinge of hot water.

After washing my hair, I finally turned off the water and braced myself for the cold air that was waiting for me outside the shower door. Even though it was summer and during the day the heat was unbearable, the mornings however, were quite the opposite in most cases. Surprisingly, today the air was fairly nice but still cold.

I got dressed into my school clothes, then I looked at my appearance and geesh, I needed a lot of adjusting in the hair department. The only way to describe it is if you imagined wet cat before it has shaken the water loose.

When I finally got my hair under control, I walked out of the bathroom and back to my bedroom. I packed my bag with my books and my laptop, then I checked my phone. It was 6:30 am and now, you are probably wondering. Have I forgotten to do my make up? Trick question, no. I don't wear make up. It always makes me feel way too constricted.

It was still way too early for me to be up right now but I couldn't risk being late to school. I heard movement coming from the kitchen so I got up and walked out of my room. Just as I had expected, it was mum, cleaning up what was left from last night. She is always up at this hour but she never makes this much noise.

"Oh, good morning." She practically shouted in my ear. My head throbbed in pain because it was still way too early to be dealing with high pitch voices. "Woah, reign it in mum. It is way to early to be talking that loud." I groaned. My voice still rusty due to not being fully awake yet. "Have Ben and Caleb woken up yet?" Mum asked.

Ben is my younger brother. Even though he is only 10, he most likely has a bright future ahead of him. He definitely inherited my mum's gene. That was evident by the brown eyes and blonde hair. Unlike me he did not luck out in the tall gene and was still short for his age. As much as he tries to be protective, he is nowhere near as protective a Caleb.

Caleb is older by 1 year and is a very overprotective, to the point where it is annoying. He got my dad's genes. He was way taller than me, even though I am 5'11, he is next level being 6'5. He has bright blue eyes, dark brown hair and was much more tan than Ben. He is also the reason that I have never had any relationships. He has a reputation at school for being protective over me. I don't really mind but he had to warm up to the idea of one of my best friends being a boy. Luckily my best boy friend, Eli is gay, so that worked out fine once Caleb found out.

If I looked like either of my brothers, I looked like Caleb. I had very interesting features. My eyes were a deep gray, my hair was long and a light brown and I had fairly tan skin like Caleb's. Based on those features alone, strangers would never guess that we, were siblings.