'We're always happy to help, you know? You're not alone in this world!'

"You can't!" Azumi screamed before flinching as she realised what she'd just done. She kept her back turned away from the group who had all flinched at her sudden words, staring at her with a mixture of confusion and fear. Azumi let out a deep sigh, forcing the vivid image and voices to disappear from the forefront of her minds so she had control of her emotions once again. Turning around, Azumi's eyes and expression were completely devoid of emotion and her body language was one of a relaxed traveller who was taking a break before walking once again.

"You're all still harbouring wounds, I cannot force you to deal with your wounds for me" Azumi tried once again, laying out a legitimate argument instead of losing her cool. Hak frowned and stepped forward, glaring at Azumi who's protective barriers were rising before their very eyes. Hak had to talk to her before she completely ignored them and walked away without an explanation, which was something she had always done when something she could not face alone entered her view.

"Azumi, explain yourself. Even if the entire group doesn't go, some of us can and then meet up with you-" Hak began, only to stop when Azumi gritted her teeth and clenched her fists, frustration crossing her face at her brother's persistence.

"None of you can come, you all might be skilled but this is something you cannot face" Azumi spat out, making Hak step forward once again and glare at her harshly. He was honestly sick of her separating herself from the group. It was an act to protect herself and Hak knew that more than anyone, but he had thought that they had made some progress. As soon as that letter arrived, all of that progress was wiped clean and now Azumi was building those walls once again.

"And you can? By yourself? Don't be-" Hak began, only to be cut off by Azumi once again, much to his irritation.

"I'm not losing somebody to them again!" Azumi yelled, making a deadly silence cover the camp as her words sunk in. Azumi's eyes slowly widened as she realised what she had said, her hand rising to cover her mouth as if to block the words that had already escaped her mouth. Azumi let out a deep sigh, her lips quivering as she struggled to keep her emotions in check.

"I'll be gone for a couple of weeks, possibly a month. I'll send my hawk when the job is finished, and then we can meet up accordingly. I'm truly sorry to block you off like this, but..." Azumi spoke up, before trailing off as that single image entered her mind once again. Azumi's eyebrows furrowed before she turned around and headed towards the wind tribe without a single glance back. She could feel their gazes drilled into her back, watching her disappear down the dunes and towards the wind tribe camp, the silence deafening as they all mulled over her words.

But Azumi could not mull over the consequences right now. She only had one mission, and that was to head over to the fire tribe. She would get a horse from Tae-woo and then be off before the travelling group even had the chance to follow her, and then she could work without the fear of losing someone.

It was time to defeat these mercenaries once and for all.

~Time skip~

Azumi walked through the market with a stoic face, the city bustling with life all around her. The sky was gloomy, rain hanging on the very edges of the clouds above as the swirling cotton-like clouds swarmed the sky. Azumi walked with her face hidden by her green cloak, the depths of the hood casting shadows over her face. She gazed around the marketplace, her eyes scanning for any danger while her head remained perfectly in place. However, not to her surprise, she was unsuccessful in finding the mercenaries Mundok had sent her to search for. Such a gruesome business would not be showing its face in broad daylight, it wouldn't still be up and running if it did so.