Chapter 5

A small hum escaped Jae-ha's lips as he skipped through Awa, violet orbs trailing across the surrounding town. He was in an oddly pleasant mood, however, the only reason he could explain this phenomenon would be his companion. Gigan had forced Azumi to follow him out, something about putting her to use instead of looking after the pirates. Jae-ha suspected that Gigan just wanted her off her ship for a while, but he was definitely not complaining.

"Hey, Jae-ha?" Azumi suddenly spoke up, breaking Jae-ha out of his thoughts. The green-haired male turned towards the smaller female, humming as a sign for her to continue.

"Where's the red-light district?" She asked, her gaze trailing from a shop front to him. Jae-ha instantly choked on his spit, almost falling over as he tried to compose himself. Azumi just slapped his back lightly, confused why he would react in such a way.

"W-Why would you want to go there?" Jae-ha asked once he had finally recovered, still clutching a hand to his chest.

"If I ever need to find you, then I'd like to know where you are" She responded sending him an innocent smile. Jae-ha couldn't stop the grin spreading across his lips, thinking she was relying on him. As he was about to go gloat to the closest person, he realised that her words were a double-edged sword.

"Hey! I don't spend all of my time there!" He pouted, whining childishly at the girl. She chuckled, bring a hand to her lips in amusement to block out the sound.

"You might not spend all of your time, but you definitely spend most" She retorted, dropping her hand to stick out a tongue at him. Jae-ha just pouted, unable to argue with that fact. However, they both flinched when suddenly a rose was shoved in the small girl's face.

"Is this what they call love at first sight?" A voice asked, causing both of their gazes to trail to a man. He was obviously a traveller, a long sword strapped to his back and heavily cloaked in clothing pieces neither of the pirates had seen before, despite living in a port town. He had tanned skin, and a humongous grin on his lips that gave him a childish but handsome and ruggish aesthetic that any woman would swoon at. Azumi blinked owlishly, before smirking slightly and taking the rose from him.

"I believe in no such things, but I won't stop your fantasy's" she teased, causing an arrow to strike straight through Jae-ha's heart.

"The name is Levi, and what might your name be?" He purred, grabbing Azumi's hand and bringing it to his lips while bowing to her. Azumi raised an amused eyebrow, side glancing at the heartbroken pirate beside her.

"Azumi, the pleasure is mine. However, I must apologise. I'm on a stroll with my lover" Azumi smiled softly, swiftly retrieving her hand. Two arrows crashed through two separate hearts, and she struggled to keep her cool as the two males swapped expressions and moods. Jae-ha was instantly revived, taking the opportunity to slide beside her and wrap an arm around her shoulder, while the man before Azumi recoiled in shock and disappointment, profusely apologising and scampering off with a downcast expression.

Azumi twirled the rose between her fingertips, studying the blood shade of red in contrast to the worn stone of Awa's roads. A hum escaped her lips as she walked forward once again, letting his arm drop and refusing to turn and look at him.

"You owe me one, greeny" she called over her shoulder, snapping off most of the stem and sliding the flower behind her ear. Jae-ha watched her and even though that rose was a gift from another man, it elated him to see her wear it. A humongous, and definitely cheesy, grin spread across his lips as he skipped after the girl.

Coming up to her side, he slid his hand through her arm and intertwined their fingers, grasping onto her hand tightly. She turned to him, raising an eyebrow, but he just grinned with an excitement that could only be compared to a child's.