𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 | 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Cats of ZephyrClan! We gather today for a special ceremony. Two of our kits are old enough and ready to become warrior apprentices," the bushy furred leader settled behind the two point-marked siblings. Cottonkit glanced through the crowd for their parents. Pecanwhisker was right at the front, her long whiskers twitching with pride and joy. It had taken him several sunrises to figure out who his charge's father was. Their dad, Camphorwind, never came around the nursery. He sat near the front of the crowd today next to a pretty white she-cat, but he was notably far from Pecanwhisker. The gray tabby point tom held the same startling blue eyes as his kits, and they fell upon the two with an unreadable expression. The white StarClan tom turned his attention back to the ceremony.

"Catalpakit. Do you promise to be faithful to your Clan as you learn the ways of the warrior?"

"I do...!" he took a slight step forward as he squeaked his answer. Aspenstar seemed bemused by his high-pitched voice, and a purr rumbled in her throat as she continued on.

"Then until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Catalpapaw." The spotted tabby leader lowered her head slightly to lick between his ears. Echoes of "Catalpapaw, Catalpaw...!" Rang through the crowd, as if the Clan were casting out the old name and trying out the new one on their tongue. She straightened up, looking out into the crowd. "Peachhop. You're ready for your second apprentice," a cream tom stepped forward, Cottonkit had seen the warrior lead many patrols while simultaneously being the most lighthearted cat during the moons he had been in the Below. "You taught Almonddusk well; I hope you pass on your skills of compassion and prioritizing the clan to this new apprentice." The wiry tom made his way to his new student, touching his nose to the younger's.

"Acaciakit," Cottonkit felt his heart rise with excitement, and he sat up as charge perked up. He could feel the energy buzzing through her, literally. He could feel the anticipation, the zeal, the fire that was Acaciakit's emotion. What she strongly felt, he could strongly feel. Never had that emotional connection been so strong, though. It had been mere pricks of pain after stepping on a thorn, but never had it been so vivid like this. He purred, green gaze glowing with an emotion he couldn't quite put a word to. It was warm feeling that swirled in his stomach, a good feeling. A hopefulness for the future. "Do you promise to be faithful to your Clan as you learn the ways of the warrior?"

The chocolate she-cat's voice was unwavering as she answered, "Always."

"Then until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Acaciapaw." Aspenstar lowered her head again, drawing her tongue between Acaciapaw dark ears.

"Acaciapaw... Acaciapaw!" The air was humming with energy as the Clan wondered just who would have to mentor the pawful of energy they had all grown to know.

"Camelliaheart. You are young, but more than ready for your first apprentice." Cottonkit blinked with surprise. While he knew of a couple adult cats in the clan, he had never really seen this cat, he had spent most of his time playing games admittedly without any other kit knowing he was playing with them. The crowd parted, and a ginger tabby patched white tom pad forward out from the back. He was of average build, and unlike Peachhop, he did not hold an air of pride or excitement. Rather, the tabby blinked slowly, taking in the seen with a relaxed amber gaze. Acaciapaw's energy did not die down in the presence of her new mentor, her sharp eye filled with the same unyielding determination. "I hope you pass on your knowledge of true strength and leadership to this new apprentice." Camelliaheart craned his neck forward, touching his pink nose to Acacipaw's pitch black one. Cottonkit could swear he felt the spark of energy on his own snout, and he blinked with shock. He took a deep breath, calming the storm of energy he felt from Acaciapaw, and sighed. Cottonkit tried to push down a pang of jealousy that threatened to poke at him. I kinda... want a new name and a mentor to learn from, too....